corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nearly got wiped out today

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nearly got wiped out today
J100RSA

User status: Offline
28th Apr 13 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was going round a round-a-bout. had misses and kids in the car, was just about to joint m62 from the m1 some tool in a 44 tone artic was busy on his mobile drifted over to my lane missing my car by inches slammed on. He then had the cheek to hurl abuse at us. This happened 2 junctions from the massive crash on Friday that was caused by a careless wagon driver that killed innocent people!
kz

28th Apr 13 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3.8/10 for that rant.
Ben G

28th Apr 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an everyday occurence for most people i think. i regularly have to avoid large lorries on my commute to work.
J100RSA

28th Apr 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It just fucks me off that some one in charge of something so large couldn't careless about other road users
AndyCorsaSport

28th Apr 13 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it been said that Fridays was lorry drivers fault? Awful that one on Friday.
J100RSA

28th Apr 13 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was arrested for death by dangerous driving
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Apr 13 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My money is on the mini bus re-entering the live lane once he realised he didn't want that exit. That's not the say the wagon couldn't have done more.
J100RSA

28th Apr 13 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wagon hit the bus so hard it smashed it through the Armco rolling it over
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Apr 13 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which is consistent with the bus travelling very slowly in a live lane.

I'm not suggesting the wagon driver is blame-free, but that lane is a filter. If they've come north on the A1 and joined the westbound M62 at 32A for which the slip doesn't close, it becomes exit 32.

No other vehicles so it would appear its not been in a queue.

So why was the bus in the way of the truck? As I say, late lane change in to the path, that's never going to end well for whoever wasn't using their mirrors.
J100RSA

28th Apr 13 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think the full story will ever be public
Some hgv drivers don't I've a fuck about other road users
J100RSA

28th Apr 13 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also the bus came from pontifract so can't see it coming up a1
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Apr 13 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It came from South Elmsall.
J100RSA

28th Apr 13 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So could have come up a1 ,local paper said ponti
daymoon
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 06:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
My money is on the mini bus re-entering the live lane once he realised he didn't want that exit. That's not the say the wagon couldn't have done more.

that is what me and my dad were saying on Friday!
Toby
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 06:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think Ian could be smack on there. That slip lane on A1 continues down the m62 to junction 32.

Though being a local you would expect him to have been aware of the road setup.

Also the HGV driver would have been arrested as standard protocol in this situation.

And if I'm your case the driver was hurling abuse at you you must have upset him or have not been so much the innocent party.
J100RSA

29th Apr 13 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I did was make him aware I was there
Brett
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
And if I'm your case the driver was hurling abuse at you you must have upset him or have not been so much the innocent party.

Well that's not really true is it.
A2H GO

29th Apr 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Given the amount of cars on the road these days, being a good driver is more about your ability to predict what other people are going to do, no matter how unconventional it may seem and being ready to respond accordingly.

Was sat at the front of a queue at traffic lights yesterday, two lanes, me going straight on and a lane to the right for turning right. Woman pulls up next to me, my instinct told me straight away she was going to go straight on dispite being completely oblivious to being in the wrong lane. Sure enough, she when staight on and even had the cheek to beep me for being in what she thought was the wrong lane
BYRON

29th Apr 13 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J100RSA
It just fucks me off that some one in charge of something so large couldn't careless about other road users

I wasnt so lucky....I was side swiped by a lorry driver on the M25 going through roadworks as he didnt see me, yet he approached me in the middle lane! I ended up in the hard shoulder with holes ripped along my car
Ben G

29th Apr 13 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Was sat at the front of a queue at traffic lights yesterday, two lanes, me going straight on and a lane to the right for turning right. Woman pulls up next to me, my instinct told me straight away she was going to go straight on dispite being completely oblivious to being in the wrong lane. Sure enough, she when staight on and even had the cheek to beep me for being in what she thought was the wrong lane

you can always tell the ones trying to queue jump. they usually nudge forward a bit every few seconds. it's quite funny when they get angry at you if you win the 'drag race'.
pow
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I'm in the wrong lane at traffic lights I try and get the attention of the driver next to me and beg him to let me in
WukaChop

29th Apr 13 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

you can always tell the ones trying to queue jump. they usually nudge forward a bit every few seconds. it's quite funny when they get angry at you if you win the 'drag race'.

I did that by accident once, a road near me is a bit confusing as it merges from the left, then the right, left, right, etc. Anyway I sat in the lane that had to merge and didn't realise, but that was the day I found out my Corsa was > 1.4 Civic so I think all in all, it was a good thing.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nearly got wiped out today 23 database queries in 0.0172322 seconds