corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Allshare

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Allshare
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   18th May 13 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it all setup and it was working great, streaming from the PC. As it was working I started playing around with the share folders so it could pull movies from elsewhere, etc. All of a sudden it just disconnected and wouldn't work. The TV just wouldn't see the PC again or vice-versa.

Tried turning off TV, rebooting PC, etc. TV still deffo has net as does the PC. Tried without the firewall on (but it was listed as an exception anyway). They will literally just not see each other anymore.

If anyone could help that'd be great, wasted a couple of hours this afternoon with it
Richie

18th May 13 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it basic communication between PC and TV work... say you can ping the TV's ip address from your PC?
Brett
Premium Member

18th May 13 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I probably should've tried that. Not my TV so can't try now as back home Just made the assumption since both had net that they should be networked fine.

[Edited on 18-05-2013 by Brett]
John

18th May 13 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use serviio with my samsung, works good.
Brett
Premium Member

18th May 13 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw that mentioned as an alternative along with Mezzmo.

Do you still select the Allshare option on the TV?

[Edited on 18-05-2013 by Brett]
John

18th May 13 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way I always get into it is pressing source, then I can see serviio same as I can see hdmi1 or tv or whatever.

I think you can also get into it via the hub thing but that takes longer.
Brett
Premium Member

18th May 13 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will give serviio a try and see what happens. Just so strange that allshare was working fine then nothing at all.

New Poll