corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Skint on ch4 last night

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Skint on ch4 last night
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st May 13 at 07:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like how the lad had black cavities in the top of his teeth. Really sets the tone.

I was half watching it. Why one week were they scrounging food from a charity shop then the next they were getting married?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because they are complete fucktards

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£25 argos ring
Gavin
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw a few posts on FB about this, so watched it on 4oD last night.

I just cant believe the attitudes of some of these people!... and they way they look at benefits as something they are entitled too no matter what, so in some cases it seems they are after even more from the Gov!

Firstly, how can you think its acceptable to have 5 kids by the age of 21 with no means of supporting them without the governments help. Then again.... if the Gov's handing out more cash per child then you can see why they continue to have kids!

I loved the part where that 21 year old started to cry because their benefits where cut and she only had 4 quid left. She wept in front of a massive TV with a Xbox and PS3 sitting underneath it! If I was in financial trouble then I'd look at ways to reduce outgoings and sell sh1t I dont need! I was even more shocked when she went to the charity for food!!!!... but then they could afford a wedding! WTF!

These sort of people are becoming dependant on the vasts amounts of benefits which have been made common-place. So much so that they go crazy at the thought of losing certain benefits!

£1600 per month being handed to that one family! Sorry, but that takes the piss no matter how many children you have.

Then again, the mother of that 21 year old sounded like a right nob! She split from the father and then moved away (sounds like it was with her new man). Surely she could have put more effort in ensuring her daughter would be well supported? But we saw the end result last night!

I think most of this comes from parenting but the Gov has to do something with those sitting on their arses doing jack shit for their benefits.

.... and finally, that woman who was 30-odd years old! JESUS! ... surely that should anyone off drugs!

pew pew pew pewwwww
Jamie Walby

21st May 13 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin

£1600 per month being handed to that one family! Sorry, but that takes the piss no matter how many children you have.

I dont earn that a month :cry:
Brett
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame that other couple didn't get her "disability" approved, could've got a motability allowance too, poor things
Dave

21st May 13 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not really worth getting angry about though. I certainly wouldn't swap my life for any of theirs, both me and my wife have full time jobs but that's fine with me because we have nice things and a good lifestyle, we associate with nice people and both have good families behind us if things go wrong. Realistically you are looking at them with pity, it's a modern day freak show almost.

Funny seeing people getting so worked up about it on social media too. "My hard earned taxes payed for her tv" and the like. Well no, not really, unless you are earning big "your" taxes go on paying for the doctor you went to last week, the school your kids go to, the hospital you'll visit when you get really ill, the roads you'll drive on to get there etc.
John

21st May 13 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
"your" taxes go on paying for the doctor you went to last week, the school your kids go to, the hospital you'll visit when you get really ill, the roads you'll drive on to get there etc.

All of which are suffering from budgets being cut.

I agree though, I'd rather work and have my lifestyle than not work and have theirs.
Gavin
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
"your" taxes go on paying for the doctor you went to last week, the school your kids go to, the hospital you'll visit when you get really ill, the roads you'll drive on to get there etc.

Benefits and 'handouts' make up a large portion of your taxes. Remove public pensions and the amount spent on benefits is about the same as the NHS and Education, actually its probably more than these two! ... and I dont like the thought of that.

oh yes, there are some people out there who rely on benefits and need it. However, there are those who are taking the piss. Personally, I'd make people work for their benefits if they are fit to do so. There's plenty that they could do... even if its just charity work. Its better than just sitting on their arses and then moan 5 years down the line that they can't get a job because their CV is shite

pew pew pew pewwwww
scunnylad

21st May 13 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This program is actually bollox, that 21yr old lass has been to college contrary to.what her mum says.

Conner the annoying shit was paid £40 a day to act up and the lads riding around on bikes were driven to get the bikes, had the bikes filled with fuel and told to ride around on them.

I have personally spoken to a few who was on the show, they said that they was asked to act up and make it seam really bad, and some was paid like conner. They have purposly shown the worse bits. Yes the scam benifit but everywere has ppl doing that and to be honest that lass was just a div no way was she gettin her kid but again 15yr old mums is nowt new.

This program has just set out with the intention to slander the area and tar everyone with the same brush as most of the idiots in the program
richc

22nd May 13 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad
This program is actually bollox, that 21yr old lass has been to college contrary to.what her mum says.

Conner the annoying shit was paid £40 a day to act up and the lads riding around on bikes were driven to get the bikes, had the bikes filled with fuel and told to ride around on them.

I have personally spoken to a few who was on the show, they said that they was asked to act up and make it seam really bad, and some was paid like conner. They have purposly shown the worse bits. Yes the scam benifit but everywere has ppl doing that and to be honest that lass was just a div no way was she gettin her kid but again 15yr old mums is nowt new.

This program has just set out with the intention to slander the area and tar everyone with the same brush as most of the idiots in the program

Tbf it would still look like a shit hole, even if the camera crew didnt interact with anyone and just drove around randomly filming the estate

But yes, obviously things were played up to the camera.
Carl

22nd May 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should have gone to Thurnscoe then in Barnsley and saved money on paying people to play up!
chloe16v

22nd May 13 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
They should have gone to Thurnscoe then in Barnsley and saved money on paying people to play up!

^^^ that tbh
MarkSport

23rd May 13 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91

This is the youth of today .......

incorrect.

what you should have said is:

this is the youth of today that haven't been brought up properly by their parents.

Spot on! They deserve to live like that, as they don't want to seem to help themselves. there are jobs, they're just too picky on what they want to do with their lack of qualifications.
morpheus22

24th May 13 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Skint on ch4 last night 24 database queries in 0.0162361 seconds