corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Inurance Quotes - Legal Cover

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Inurance Quotes - Legal Cover
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd May 13 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am having a moment here, is it worth getting legal cover when shopping around for car insurance? It's an option with esure and included on admiral.

It looks like I will have to renew both cars on separate policies because of the comedy renewal multicar quote admiral have provided me with. Over £1100 for both cars.

A quick search shows Admiral cheapest for my car at £359 and e-sure at £316 for our Clio. Where do they get these renewal prices, and more importantly how many people just auto renew and get ripped off?!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
XE Col
Premium Member

23rd May 13 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure on the legal cover, but try ringing admiral now with those prices, they may be able to beat it for your multicar policy
baza31

23rd May 13 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would personally get the legal cover
tom130691
Premium Member

23rd May 13 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
deano87

23rd May 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always get legal cover. Particularly helpful if you have a crash and 3 years later someone does a "no win no fee" on you.

Happened to me. Took the letter to my high street broker (or you'd send it off to your insurer at the time) and I didn't hear anything other than a form to sign to say I was at fault.

Without that I'm pretty sure I'd have needed solictor etc etc.

Normally only bumps it up £20 p/a, something like that.
Ben G

23rd May 13 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm sure you get 5k free legal cover with admiral. i have both my cars insured with them and haven't had a problem with 2 accidents i had (although they weren't my fault).
John

23rd May 13 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never take this and not sure exactly what it does.

You pay insurance for them to deal with it all, including any legal stuff, what does it cover extra?
MarkM

23rd May 13 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The legal cover is to cover the cost if someone issues against you and you dispute liability it funds the Counterclaim element of the proceedings. Half the time the insurer will pay it anyway as its in their interest that you dispute liability especially if you've got a good chance of winning. You might already have before the event legal insurance cover anyway on a credit card or home insurance.

You'll get legal services to defend a claim for free if you're at fault and someone issues against you anyway as your insurer will instruct nominated solicitors.

If you're not at fault you can instruct your own or your insurer will instruct their nominated solicitors. Again for free.
deano87

23rd May 13 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I never take this and not sure exactly what it does.

You pay insurance for them to deal with it all, including any legal stuff, what does it cover extra?

May be if you have to go to court e.g. death by dangerous driving?!
Ben G

23rd May 13 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you're in a union in work then they may also provide you with free legal cover.

i'm with unite and they do it.
M2RTY

24th May 13 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point whatsoever

Never had it for 10 years

Bumped car last month, only paid for legal cover WHEN i needed it. Can get it from insurance company or go to a third party
VegasPhil
Premium Member

28th May 13 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sorted the renewal managed to negotiate to £679 for both cars - Saving £477 from the renewal quote

Interestingly the call centre was in Canada for Admiral Makes a change from the usual countries my calls are routed to...

ed

28th May 13 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I've found out, legal cover is useless. If you have to take a 3rd party to court, you're not actually covered It's only for personal injury typ claims.
Ben G

28th May 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Just sorted the renewal managed to negotiate to £679 for both cars - Saving £477 from the renewal quote

Interestingly the call centre was in Canada for Admiral Makes a change from the usual countries my calls are routed to...

Try again at weekends. You get put through to ashkram patel in kirkturbanstan
VegasPhil
Premium Member

28th May 13 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he works for Virgin Media also.

pow
Premium Member

28th May 13 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9-5 it's in Cardiff, any time out of that it's India or Canada
Toby
Premium Member

28th May 13 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah admiral sales goes to Vancouver after working hours over here but customer services heads to some call centre in Delhi or somewhere.

It's very hit and miss when speaking to customer service. My brother rang them for a quote to update the multicar policy told him flat out they wouldn't inure him. I rang back. Got a quote and got 10% discount of that price. A lady in Vancouver at renewal time was more than helpful and managed to get a very good discount almost 1k off original policy.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Inurance Quotes - Legal Cover 24 database queries in 0.0117440 seconds