corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I've spent the day...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I've spent the day...
Hammer

User status: Offline
30th May 13 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Any Merc auto I've driven has been superb and made me want to buy an auto.

My mate had a c200 cdi coupe and it was shite. Kicked down to many gears when going for an overtake, hit over 4.5k revs where it wasnt going anywhere then would have to change up again (which took an age), then the power would come back in. Abit scary when you on the wrong side of the road

Nissan Navara auto was good. Really suited the vehicle.

Seems to be a common theme with C200 CDI's.

E320 and E250 I've driven were both excellent.
Balling
Premium Member

30th May 13 at 08:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Ford Mustang I had in the US had a horrific auto box. It had no idea what I wanted the car to do, and I had no idea what the car was going to do
Had exactly the same experience in the Challenger we rented in the US.

Drove roughly 900 miles in a week and a half and never got accustomed to how it drove. Such a terrible car.

Press gas gently - Car feels heavy and sluggish
Press gas a little more - Feels heavy and sluggish
Little more - Heavy and sluggish
Little more - Jumps three gears down and engine sounds like it explodes as the car jumps forward with a roar of fury leaving a trail of burned rubber and staring pedestrians.

nathy_87

30th May 13 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'v eonly ever driven 2 auto's in my car history (so far) 1 being my Fabia that i have now and the other is/was my GRadfather's Ford Fusion.

What an awful car, never mind the gearbox. it's a piece of shit.

I'm not opening a can of beans here, however I've heard so many good stories about the DSG boxes on the auto golfs/skodas etc even heard someone say (on here actaully) it's as good as the sMG on BMW's, personally I can't argue that factor as I haven't driven an Auto BMW.

Edit: Pow, what's strange about the seating position in the Prius then?

[Edited on 30-05-2013 by nathy_87]
Ian
Site Administrator

30th May 13 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've got to take account of how to drive it. That Discovery of mine will rev its ass of if you let it. I've learnt now how to make progress without having it kick down unnecessarily. Just basically drive to the parameters of the box.

In the case of the Land Rover, that's just a case of slowing down a bit and not asking things from it which will result in it needing another gear.

I also generally throw it in to third on approach to roundabouts to get it ready to pull away.

Not driven the Merc but I'd also probably hate it after a day. Took me a few months to fully get around missing the manual. Now I wouldn't look back.
pow
Premium Member

30th May 13 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing about the seating position, the seat gives me backache. It's all support in the wrong places, 'lumbar supprt' that rams the small of your back out and leaves the top of your back/shoulders/head nothing to rest against. And before you ask yes the lumbar support is all the way in!
Jambo

30th May 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CVT are the worst auto gearboxes Pow
BarnshaW

30th May 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i must say i have no complaints with the auto on my beemer, first auto i have owned, even on kickdown it puts you in a sweet spot with lots of revs remaining, always seems to be in a correct gear.

besides that it is the most boring car i have ever owned
Matt L

30th May 13 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dsg boxes are immense, love mine.

if my next car has the option to be dsg or manual I think it would be very hard for me to say manual, just gutted they dont do the cupra/r with dsg
Balling
Premium Member

30th May 13 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
CVT are the worst auto gearboxes Pow
Not having driven one, why?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I've spent the day... 24 database queries in 0.0103400 seconds