corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Kadett D/Astra Mk1

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kadett D/Astra Mk1
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jun 13 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something I've wondered for a little while, are they the same car? They look virtually identical to me and they both ran from 1979-1984.

Are they the same car or are there differences? And if so what are the differences between them?

MX5 Project Thread
M2RTY

14th Jun 13 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Kadett D was introduced in the middle of August 1979, with deliveries on the home market beginning early in September 1979.[68] In November 1979 the car went on sale in the UK, some five months before the Vauxhall Astra Mark 1, the British version, was launched in April 1980. The cars were designed as three- or five-door hatchbacks and estates or station wagons. There were also two- and four-door sedans featuring separate boots/trunks, which shared the silhouettes of the hatchbacks: in the UK the sedan versions were soon withdrawn. For the first time since 1965 there was no coupé bodied Kadett in the range: the previous Kadett C coupé was indirectly replaced by the three-door 1.3 SR sports model.
Graeme
Premium Member

14th Jun 13 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they are the same. Owned both.
nibnob21
Premium Member

15th Jun 13 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought they may have been the same, just confused me as to why they have different names.

I want one, I think they're bloody awesome.

MX5 Project Thread
scottyp1989

15th Jun 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a mk1 GTE for a while, turned out to have more rust than metal.
AlexW

15th Jun 13 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just due to the change over from Opel to vauxhall, well, when Opel pulled out of the Uk.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Kadett D/Astra Mk1 24 database queries in 0.0107820 seconds