corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work Day- Where do I stand?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Work Day- Where do I stand?
Carl

User status: Offline
25th Jun 13 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's life. I bought a house whilst on a fix term 12 month contract which finished about 2 weeks after moving in. Just dont go silly and keep outgoings down to something you could cover worst case scenario and you had to work in a factory 7 days a week. where there is a will there is a way!
dannymccann

26th Jun 13 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 12vStig
big gamble to take though, what if i was to take out a 2 year phone contract, or a 3 year car lease, move out, get sky etc and end up on the unemployment scrapheap again

Don't do those things if you are worried about how you are going to fund them? Common sense really
Tommy

26th Jun 13 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO there is no such thing as a perm job. Somebody could star with you doing the same job as you on a perm contract and be out of work before you. People get too hung up on the term permanent. As long as your terms are good on the 12 month contract I wouldn't kick up a fuss. Just make yourself indispensable.
Pauly

26th Jun 13 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 12vStig
My contract says its a fixed term maternity cover, given the crap state of the jobs market at, I'd say thats pretty much nailed on as a stop gap.

Thats not a guarantee of a stop gap, who says another position won't come up either in this company or with someone else? If its in the field you want to work then won't 12 months experience look good on your CV when applying for other jobs in the future, plus you will have a reference.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jun 13 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly nothing is permanent. If business takes a downturn, you could be redundant regardless of what your contract says.

Secondly, you have 12 months of work there ahead of you. That's worth an amount of money and will give you an amount of experience which you are contractually obliged to receive - notwithstanding the above.

Thirdly you're still in a position to look around but given your apparent struggle to get something suitable, I'd say you're not in the luxurious position of freedom of choice for something more suited to your needs.

Therefore you have the option to go do around about 12 months work with the possible option of more, or zero months and get back out there looking.

You can be pissed off with agencies but they're just agencies, you've been lied to, that's lesson number one in the real world so you could say they've actually already put you in a better position.

If you can't afford to cover Sky if you lose your job, don't get Sky.
12vStig

26th Jun 13 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I'd obviously be able to afford sky and other such luxuries with a decent salary, and not if i was stuck on the dole...

Anyhow, crisis over, it was a clerical error. My actual contract was signed, sealed and delivered today.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work Day- Where do I stand? 23 database queries in 0.0049601 seconds