corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Sky box in two rooms with 2 infa red sky eyes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky box in two rooms with 2 infa red sky eyes
antscorsa

User status: Offline
1st Jun 13 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone shed some light on what I may need.

I want to run a sky HD box downstairs in my living room but place it in a cupboard out of sight. Now for this i know i need a sky Infared magic eye to be able to change channels whilst the box is hidden.

I also directly above the living room have the main bedroom and ideally would like to have sky in there as well but don't really want or need multi room.

What would i need to run all of this. I don't think I can run 2 magic eyes off of one box.

[Edited on 01-06-2013 by antscorsa]
ljames555

2nd Jun 13 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coxial Splitter
Coxial cable
Might need a amplifier depending on how far the cable length to the bedroom. (Might be ok but it might either make bedroom eye slow changing channels or both) I had 2 and mine was slow but was quite abit of cable.

Other option is connect the sky box to the Internet and use iphone or android app to change channel in the bedroom then you only need 1 magic eye.

You might have to access sky secret menu to turn on the 9v (services 0 0 1 ok) that might be wrong so check on google.

[Edited on 02-06-2013 by ljames555]
ljames555

2nd Jun 13 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also if your a HD snob get yourself a neet hdmi splitter (£25) sends 2 HD pictures without no noticeable loss in quality.

If you did this you could use a hdmi IR inline infa red so you'd only need a hdmi cable running upstairs.
drunkenfool

3rd Jul 13 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get wired versions of the magic eye things, and they work SOOO much better than any wireless ones. I've got the main box hidden behind the AV rack in the lounge then one sensor is on the TV in the bedroom above and another one on the TV in the lounge. Both sensors connect to the same box via a 3.5mm jack Y Splitter, and then the box feeds the IR signal out to 4 IR emitters which are mounted in the AV rack. Works perfectly every time, and was only about £40 IIRC. :-)
John

3rd Jul 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find the one that works over coax straight to the sky box to be the best so use that for sky and use the other type for my amp.

New Poll