corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Can anyone tell me what this is? (Oil temp sensor maybe?)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can anyone tell me what this is? (Oil temp sensor maybe?)
SXIBrad

User status: Offline
16th Jul 13 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Please see the photos. Had an oil leak from here, don't know what its called to get a new one. Its not the actual plastic sensor, its the part that is attached to the engine with a nut, and the sensor plugs in.

Cheers guys!
corsadonk
Premium Member

16th Jul 13 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is the plug that goes onto the oil pressure sensor, it will be the sensor that is naffed. It will be worth cleaning all the gunk from your breathers and cam cover at the same time.
SXIBrad

16th Jul 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
That is the plug that goes onto the oil pressure sensor, it will be the sensor that is naffed. It will be worth cleaning all the gunk from your breathers and cam cover at the same time.

Yeah its the pressure sensor part that is letting the oil through. Should I just clean it up and try it again or get a new one? or one from the scrappies?
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Jul 13 at 05:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a new one, they fail a lot on those engines. But like I said clean out the cam cover and breathers, and give it a oil and filter change, will should reduce the chance of it happening again.
SXIBrad

17th Jul 13 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Get a new one, they fail a lot on those engines. But like I said clean out the cam cover and breathers, and give it a oil and filter change, will should reduce the chance of it happening again.

Cheers mate! It's a job for the weekend!
SXIBrad

17th Jul 13 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad has just picked me up a brand new one for a fiver! Cheap as chips! (In a rather expensive chip shop) Thanks for the help Corsadonk!

New Poll