corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa x16xe steering problem,

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa x16xe steering problem,
csifku

User status: Offline
29th Jul 13 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, from a while when i drive my car doesnt stay good on the road and its scary to be driven ... i think it is because im using a z16xe driving belt tensioner and its a shorter drive belt, so what i think is the short belt goes more around than the longer belt so it gives more power on the steering pump. i think that cos before i didnt had that problem .... or maybe just my pump is fuked but when i drained all my power steering fluid the pump didnt work at all so i saw what is i my pump doesnt work ...

also if i use z16xe power steering pump from NON air con model, do u think that pump send less fluid or something so will be different ?

[Edited on 29-07-2013 by csifku]
Pete_gsi

30th Jul 13 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I trying to work this out in my head but as far as i no the belt is still turning the same wether its smaller or bigger.

Long as whats turning it (crank pully) is the same size it will rotate the same amount of times as it did.

I could be rong be prity shore am not.

When the engine is running dos the pump wine?

csifku

30th Jul 13 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete_gsi
I trying to work this out in my head but as far as i no the belt is still turning the same wether its smaller or bigger.

Long as whats turning it (crank pully) is the same size it will rotate the same amount of times as it did.

I could be rong be prity shore am not.

When the engine is running dos the pump wine?

all it does mate is pump work more than it should be, higher RPM on engine, lighter steering, yes, thats the job and the way the pas pump works but mine works all this but 2x ... twice as it should be
Pete_gsi

30th Jul 13 at 02:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the pully on the pump the same as it was? If both pullys are the same it does not matter how big the belt is bud

Its still going the same.

And i no what you mean about fast at high revs but thats like that on any car.
csifku

30th Jul 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is the pully on the pump the same as it was? If both pullys are the same it does not matter how big the belt is bud

Its still going the same.

And i no what you mean about fast at high revs but thats like that on any car.

i believe it does matter because my car was with AIR CON and i took off the air con engine mount and put a engine mount from 1.4 8v engine ...
Pete_gsi

30th Jul 13 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just checked with a frend bud its the pullys that that are like the gearing if u get what i mean

So if both pullys i.e the crank and the pas pump are the same it dont matter how big the belt is bud.
csifku

30th Jul 13 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I just checked with a frend bud its the pullys that that are like the gearing if u get what i mean

So if both pullys i.e the crank and the pas pump are the same it dont matter how big the belt is bud.

u could be right. i just thought about it as my steering is crap, could be power steering pump not working properly or steering rack but when i drained out the fluid steering rack stop working

ALso front suspension TOP MOUNTS... how they get fit the right way ? i do have diagram originally how they go in but the top bit where the bearing is , is made in angle so somehow they goes right or they will be fittet wrong and wheel wont stay on the right place so car will pull left or right sid eand maybe will tight up bearing too so steering wont work properly. There is a little hole on the bearing suspension mount, and to me it looks like its a marking ...

New Poll