corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » oxidized paint

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author oxidized paint
bighed

User status: Offline
14th Aug 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

G3 is more a body shop tool than average Joe. Way too aggressive and one slip and you have burnt through the paint. I use a hex logic 6 inch pad with meguiars 105 cut to start, then 205 then a decent wax. Nothing too over the top and a great easy finish. Especially for a car your selling on. And agree with keeping the area slightly wet. Also with Megs stuff, when you think you need more on the pad, just spray it a. Purple of times with some water and off you go again. Don't forget to mask off all plastics, door handles, trims, scuttle panelsas its a pic to get off later. And what I do, especially in this weather, is work a panel at a time (outdoors) as if it rains you only need to unmask a few bits and not a whole car. Oh, and a heat gun gets the greying exterior trim plastics back to black/ dark grey a treat. Hope this helps

[Edited on 14-08-2013 by bighed]

[Edited on 14-08-2013 by bighed]
bighed

14th Aug 13 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a corsa I have recently bought to sell on. Usual red. You could draw on it with your finger nail.

I know its a pic of other side but didn't think at time. The above procedure, some trim dressing and new wheel trims and she looks a million dollars.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Aug 13 at 01:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good, I might not even be getting the car. but this will help if i do

thanks everyone

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » oxidized paint 23 database queries in 0.0121090 seconds