corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Biker bits - Brands Hatch

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Biker bits - Brands Hatch
Daimo B

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Biker haters look away now

Some vids and some data. Was at Brands yesterday. Not ridden the track bike for nearly 5 months due to Hols and work and the bike needing some bits sorting. The bike and I are off to Portimao in Portugal in a few weeks, and I needed to test the bike to ensure all was working ok, so couldn't ride anywhere near the limit.

Good day, nice and dry (for a change, I always end up with wet days at Brands). Poor Dad come off at Paddock, broke his ankle. Got the bike repaired and he still rode in the final session, kudos!!! He was hurting a lot, but didn't realise it was broken Although I forgot my camera so had to use his so its not HD, and I only got my 1st and 2nd sessions on camera.

Session 1 video

This is rear facing, added some captions from the middle of the vid, including loosing a bar end at Clearways

Session 2 - rear facing

I also got a GPS device fitted for the afternoon to get an idea on cornering lines, laptimes etc. I disagree with the clearways line they've got, its much better to drift out, then cut back over the bump near the pits so that your on the gas sooner.

Best lap was a 55.0, with ultimate of 54.5. Im really happy with that as I kept screwing up Druids, and I can brake quite a bit later, so a 53 is on the cards. Not bad for a 13 year old 600cc bike with under 100bhp (brand new Superstock 600cc's are doing mid 48's), with a chubby rider who's not been on track since April

And some lap lines.

Druids, hate it. I like fast corners, I'm no good at the slow ones, just don't trust the tyres, and reallllly didn't want to crash as it'll cause me major hassle before Portugal. Im wide every bloody lap. Scrubbed off the speed fine, I just couldn't pull the front end round.

Had several people come and tell me I was spinning up the rear wheel out of here, I didn't feel a thing though

I prefer my wider line out

I can't wait for Portimao, been looking forward to it since I booked it in March. 4 days on track on an epically cool and technical track. Makes Brands Hatch look as flat as a pancake Poor little bike will suffer on the straights. Hoping to enter an endurance race there, and seriously looking at going racing next year in the UK

[Edited on 22-08-2013 by Daimo B]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Biker bits - Brands Hatch 23 database queries in 0.0100000 seconds