corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheel refurbishing tips

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wheel refurbishing tips
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Aug 13 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When painting the face of a wheel with the tyre on as so many people do, are there any risks to the paint being damaged, cracking or peeling off when changing a tyre?

The missus has a new set of wheels coming for her TT and I fancy refurbing the old ones to use for winter. There's no damage/kerbing to the wheels, just the usual Audi lacquer peel but there's several thousand miles left on the tyres so I'd rather not take them off to put them back on again.

Any advice or tips?
Gary
Premium Member

28th Aug 13 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U Munchie
Matt L

28th Aug 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rims never got damaged when changing tyres when I did my old wheels on the corsa, just make sure they are completely dry before taking them, the only slight mark I did get was from when it went on the weight machine thing and the tightened the handle to keep it on this left a small mark but that was because I hadnt left them to dry long enough.
corsa-torque

28th Aug 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing ive found id to take the wheels to your local friendly tyre place and ask them to break the bead..
then use a two bits of cardboard cut out a half circle on both and slide under the lip of the rim.. bit of masking tape where they join and jobs a good'en. you can use the same bits of cardboard for each wheel. so much quicker than masking.
Munchie

28th Aug 13 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
U2U Munchie

haha

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=658458
tom130691
Premium Member

28th Aug 13 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

playing cars between tyre and rim, take you time,

they will take a battering in winter so dont go to crazy with it, i made that mistake, spent ages doing mine after winter they needed re doing
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Aug 13 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tyres off for sake of £5 a wheel!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Mieran

28th Aug 13 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use playing cards between rim and tyre, done few sets like that

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheel refurbishing tips 24 database queries in 0.0126350 seconds