corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Windscreen replacement prices/companies

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windscreen replacement prices/companies
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Aug 13 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I went out yesterday and discovered a nice big crack had randomly appeared in the middle of my windscreen. My insurance policy doesn't seem to have windscreen cover so I'm going to have to get it done myself. What sort of prices am I gonna be looking at for a replacement/fitting and also what companies are those prices from? Or if anyone could recommend a place around the northants area that'd be good. Annoyed as shit cos the amount of shows and stuff coming up, need to get it done asap

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
bigron1988

30th Aug 13 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got one fitted to mine with a tinted top for £110 from a local company
Graeme
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corby windscreens is who I used to use but now I use another guy that we have to for Insurance. Deffinatly wouldn't reccomend him though.

Try corby and see what they say.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone insurance and ask how much extra to add screen cover. If its cheap then claim in a week

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Generation

31st Aug 13 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eBay item
corsav6_mut

31st Aug 13 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill do it for £80 if you come to Lincoln
djgritt
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a local independent company to do my Vectra one.

Mainly because I wanted the Rain Sensor mounting & Top Tint (neither present on the Original Screen) as the Insurance wouldn't do the upgrade and let me pay the difference over an OE Spec Screen.

I paid around £175 all-in IIRC, and they came out within 48hrs of contact, which was appreciated!

I imagine that price would be significantly less for a Corsa B through another Independent near you, they all seem fairly closely priced from my research, regardless of area.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine rebounded for £40. Can you get a second hand one?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Paul W
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corby have quoted me £98 all in which is alright, so gonna get that booked and hopefully have it done before Trax. Cheers everyone

RichR
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
Phone insurance and ask how much extra to add screen cover. If its cheap then claim in a week

counts as a claim made though so you'll be likely to incur extra costs at renewal time for the next 3-5years. In most cases, you're better off going direct nowadays.
Paul W
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16

counts as a claim made though so you'll be likely to incur extra costs at renewal time for the next 3-5years. In most cases, you're better off going direct nowadays.

Yup, when I rang my insurance to ask if my policy covered it they said I'd be better off sorting it myself as it'd put prices up etc.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Windscreen replacement prices/companies 24 database queries in 0.0162749 seconds