corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Talk to me about these tyres

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Talk to me about these tyres
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Sep 13 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251314024830?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3591wt_770

Anyone with experience?

2/3 the price of a 888 but are they a third shitter?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Robin
Premium Member

12th Sep 13 at 06:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be using these on mine, cheaper on camskill than anywhere else I think. Not sure how they are but they've got to be better than a normal road tyre! Doubt very much they're 888 territory though.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Sep 13 at 07:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably the same compounds as the ditch finders just with a fancy "track" tread cut into them
Gary
Premium Member

12th Sep 13 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track expert has spoken

[/thread]
gez bay

12th Sep 13 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These have actually had a really really good review.

The name means nothing, I'd use them. They've got different compounds to choose from too. Soft/Medium/Hard
flybikeslee

12th Sep 13 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nankang/NS2R.htm

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Sep 13 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its like kumho though. People dont rate the normal tyres greatly mid-range brand but the track tyre V70a immense tyres!

I have just bought some syrons to try on the front of mine after killing some PS Cups at Llandow

for £80 a corner worth a punt.
gez bay

12th Sep 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be impressed I am
dan_m1les

12th Sep 13 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got Syron Race 1's on my civic all round at the moment as everyone loved them on the civic owners club.

I can't complain at all and will be buying another set when required!
Robin
Premium Member

12th Sep 13 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was my other option but I wasn't sure about the name
gez bay

12th Sep 13 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They come wrapped well

And look cool, as well as being good

Robin
Premium Member

12th Sep 13 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you get them from?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

12th Sep 13 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Where did you get them from?

Ebay. come from germany.
corsadonk
Premium Member

13th Sep 13 at 05:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just bought a set of these, they seem not too bad in the wet. I tried to make them slide, at the same speed my P-Zero's did and they just stuck.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?s_p=Federal-595-RS-R-195_50-ZR15-82W&details=Ordern&typ=R-164301&cart_id=6624542.110.27260&ranzahl=4&Breite=195&Herst=Federal&Quer=50&Felge=15&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=20&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=So&m_s=3&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW

Only £60 at the moment.
Edges 58

13th Sep 13 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 595's.. Done about 6k miles on them and love them. Loads and loads of grip!! Under £300 fitted too
Dave_Sport

14th Sep 13 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I remember rightly Nankangs are Yokohama's budget range, the road tyres are pretty shocking in the wet, and squeel alot in the dry - so not sure how good these would be
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Sep 13 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the syrons are on. Done around 50miles so far. Its dry and a bit cold 7degrees and im surprised! they grip as well as the cup i had on! Need to try the track now!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Talk to me about these tyres 24 database queries in 0.0149570 seconds