corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any tyre fitters? Need advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any tyre fitters? Need advice
harrybanks

User status: Offline
   18th Oct 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a little advice, I've got an e36 328 sport, lowered on coilovers but not very low. I've got 17 inch style 32 alloys 8j fronts and 9j rears.

I had some worn budget 205 45 17 tyres on the front and had major wheel wobble from 40mph plus, I rebalanced the wheels and still the same, makes no difference when 10mm spacers are fitted.

Assumed the tyres had some sort of flat spot so just fitted brand new 205 45 17 kumhos, obviously rebalanced them and they've still got a wobble 😡!

I've had some 15 inch standard alloys with 205 60 tyres fitted without any wheel weights on the front ones and they were perfect on a motorway run, so it has to be the wheels.

The wheels are completely straight, not buckled and now have brand new tyres.

What am I missing or what am I doing wrong? Could it be because I'm putting the weights closest to the curb behind the spokes instead of on the dish so the tyre machine doesn't know how far the dish sticks out so can't compensate for that? Hope that bit makes sense.

Any suggestions please fire away, it's getting on my tits! Thanks for reading
Nic Barnes

18th Oct 13 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have they been welded?
harrybanks

18th Oct 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope haven't been welded, surprised how straight they are to be honest due to the age of the car they would have come off. Also no suspension parts are worn out and has 2 new Lower arms fitted, tracking has been done and is spot on
Jamie-C

18th Oct 13 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buckled wheel
harrybanks

18th Oct 13 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wheels aren't buckled, or how else can you tell if they're buckled apart from looking at them on the balance machine? When spinning they are as straight as a new wheel. Or am I missing something?
SportBoy

18th Oct 13 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will the wheels fit without the spacers? To see if its the spacers. if its still wobbly then imo they are balanced wrong. even bent wheel can normally be balanced up to not wobble to a certain point.
assume the tyres look round when you spin the wheels?

[Edited on 18-10-2013 by SportBoy]
rseeley

18th Oct 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are the style 32s the same centre bore as your original wheels and is there a spiggot on your spacers, as if there isnt it could cause the wheel to be slightly of centred on the hub and will give you a wobble in the wheel
Ian W

18th Oct 13 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dirt behind my spacers caused major wheel wobble on my TT.

Gave them a clean so it had a nice clean surface and the wobble went away
harrybanks

18th Oct 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spigot rings is a good shout although I think they're the same, ill look into it! The wheels sits in line with the bolt holes perfectly though. Spacers and surfaces are all clean. Thanks for your replies
harrybanks

18th Oct 13 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a quick look on google, seems that if the style 32 wheels were originally from a 7 series they will have the same size centre bore as the e36, but if they were removed from a e39 5 series the centre bore will be bigger, I bought them from a guy who had them on a e36 so no idea what they were originally from! Will have the wheels off and measure them tomorrow thanks for your advice
harrybanks

18th Oct 13 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem solved I think 130709234508 on eBay!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any tyre fitters? Need advice 23 database queries in 0.0106690 seconds