corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Stopping the mouse from extending to two monitors?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stopping the mouse from extending to two monitors?
kz

User status: Offline
16th Oct 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay basically I have my Surface as one screen, and extend that on to an external monitor for a second screen.

I only want to use my mouse on my external screen; I use exclusively touch on the Surface. The best I've come up with so far is arranging the setup as follows...

[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]

So that the mouse will only go over to the Surface screen (below) when it's put to the bottom left of the screen. But this is still annoying, and it still happens when I don't want it to. Unfortunately in setup, you can't completely move the two screens away from each other.

Is there a way to completely shut off the Surface screen from mouse input?

EDIT: For some reason the 'diagram' I tried drawing there doesn't space correctly when I post it. It's meant to be diagonally connected just from the top right corner of 1 to the bottom left corner of 2.

[Edited on 16-10-2013 by kz]
DaveyLC

16th Oct 13 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think you can do that if you're letting windows extend the desktop the mouse UI is part of the desktop.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Oct 13 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just use extended screen? Windows key and P choose option from screen shortcuts.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
kz

20th Oct 13 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what I use mate.

What I'm saying is that I want the screen extended... but I only want the mouse on one screen. Can't seem to find a way of stopping it from accidentally moving on to the other screen occasionally.
pow
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think you will at all tbh, when you touch you are replicating the mouse so you're moving the pointer from one screen to another when you touch
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If screen is active it will allow a mouse to scroll across it. Use only the extended screen and it will!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
kz

21st Oct 13 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I don't think you will at all tbh, when you touch you are replicating the mouse so you're moving the pointer from one screen to another when you touch

Yeah that's fine but I want the cursor to stay on one screen only!

I found an application called Mouse Trap which is meant to limit it, but it doesn't seem to work... at least not on Windows 8
pow
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it won't as when you tap that is moving the pointer to where you've tapped!

New Poll