corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Nov 13 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who was that insurance company which was cheap for modified stuff?

[Edited on 28-11-2013 by Robin]
Ben G

28th Nov 13 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brentacre? Green light? Adrian flux?
Robin
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was the one people got really good prices with recently. Can't find the thread though.

Pretty sure it wasn't any of the ones you've mentioned.
_Allan_

28th Nov 13 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky?
daymoon
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admiral was good for me
Robin
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it was Sky!

Green Light wouldn't even quote me when I said it was a BMW, first question he asked. Apparently they've had loads of claims an won't take on any new BMW business until the spring!
AlexW

28th Nov 13 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if Ollie (From Sky insurance) is on here, but if you're on a forum he is, you can get a cheaper deal. And he can quote you if asked nicely.

[Edited on 28-11-2013 by AlexW]
Robin
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went with them in the end anyway, was £75 cheaper than any other quote and the company we were with said they wouldn't insure it as they a) didn't know what coilovers were and b) couldn't understand that track days are not racing and they don't cover racing.

So, £400 for all mods, no limit on what we can do other than no nitrous oxide allowed, seemed open to anything, even a roll cage without a premium increase.
John

28th Nov 13 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are sky covering it on track?

Unless you want track cover, surely it doesn't matter if you are taking your completely standard car racing if you don't need it insured for that anyway?
Jamie-C

28th Nov 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do sky cover NI? I'm paying 1k on my car lol
Robin
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Are sky covering it on track?

Unless you want track cover, surely it doesn't matter if you are taking your completely standard car racing if you don't need it insured for that anyway?

No, only to and from the circuit.

The point was that privilege could not differentiate between 'track day' and 'racing' as they had no idea what we were talking about, not that I wanted it insured for track and they wouldn't do it.
John

28th Nov 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I meant.

If I wasn't into cars I wouldn't differentiate between the 2 of those. I also wouldn't have mentioned either when phoning up about insurance.
SVM 286

28th Nov 13 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Who was that insurance company which was cheap for modified stuff?

[Edited on 28-11-2013 by Robin]

In my experience Robin... no cunt
Robin
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
That's what I meant.

If I wasn't into cars I wouldn't differentiate between the 2 of those. I also wouldn't have mentioned either when phoning up about insurance.

This is a good point. Trying to get the wife to leave stuff out is nigh on impossible though, she's too honest!
djgritt
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 07:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greenlight - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=652703&highlight=1&pid=8693405#pid8693405
Toby
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you have changed your insurance company because the existing insurer won't cover you for trackdays even though you don't wish to insure it for trackdays?
corsajay88

29th Nov 13 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went with greenlight and got a similar price £400 all mods covered and such. Then I moved and they said it would go up to £825. Told them to fuck right off.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance 23 database queries in 0.0135369 seconds