corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Looking for a first car/Corsa problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looking for a first car/Corsa problems
rhysparry

User status: Offline
5th Dec 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys.

New to this website, I am looking to try and get hold of a Corsa C 1.2 for my first car (preferably an SXI) in the near future , went to look at a car recently where the heating matrix had gone on it which put me off slightly. My max budget is around £2000 but obviously wouldn't mind spending less. Anyone got any hints or tips on what to look out for or frequent problems with the Corsa. I am looking to get something fairly standard and not modified as I plan to make some subtle modifications myself.

Thanks very much
Rhys
taylorboosh

5th Dec 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should get a belter 1.2 sxi for £2k
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Dec 13 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£2k should get you a fairly nice one.

Heater matrix isn't a difficult job on them, bit messy but not enough to put me off a car, assuming the seller is firstly telling the truth and secondly has discounted the car sufficiently.
Brett
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could probably get a D for that budget tbh.
rhysparry

5th Dec 13 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest with mate, the age bothers me less. It's about the condition of the inside that what matters to me, I want mileage between 50-70k. It's hard to find a good deal to me because I don't currently drive so struggle to get to see cars and my mum, dad and myself all work full time.
rhysparry

5th Dec 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way your finding a decent Corsa D with a nice amount of mileage and in good nic for 2k. Near impossibility that is lets be fair. I've got my driving test booked but I hopefully want to try and get a car before Christmas to give me some time to learn in my car as well as have lessons.
Christopher

5th Dec 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said i bought my 1.4 sri 50k miles full service history with only 2 owners for 2k! Should be able to find a nice example! Also heater matrix seems to be a fairly common problem with these c's so i wouldnt be completely thrown off by them! However people normally mistake water in the passenger footwell as the heater matrix which is normally found out to be the brake servo seal iirc? A rubber gromet in the bulkhead which leaks water into the footwell! Just needs sealing around it but you will probably see a few of those
corsajay88

5th Dec 13 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2u'd got exactly what your looking for and well under your budget
Brett
Premium Member

5th Dec 13 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rhysparry
No way your finding a decent Corsa D with a nice amount of mileage and in good nic for 2k. Near impossibility that is lets be fair. I've got my driving test booked but I hopefully want to try and get a car before Christmas to give me some time to learn in my car as well as have lessons.

Ok probs on 100k for that, but I bet you could get one with the mileage you want for a few hundred more. Just a suggestion anyway
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Dec 13 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa D for £2k is possible but it won't be tidy.
SVM 286

6th Dec 13 at 03:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome Rhys Hope you find a nice one. Should get a little cracker for that much.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Looking for a first car/Corsa problems 23 database queries in 0.0123079 seconds