corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting reminder texts on your phone

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting reminder texts on your phone
JordyCarter

User status: Offline
30th Dec 13 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay so today i realised my bill was £56 as opposed to £37. This is because i went over on my internet without knowing.... Im with orange does anyone know how you can get these 'Reminder Texts' so when im near my limit i get a text letting me know? Is it as simple as ringing up?
Brett
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably. Most phones have warnings built in also if you can spare a few mins to set it up.
Gary
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, android does anyway. used it when i was on holiday so i didn't get raped.
JordyCarter

30th Dec 13 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an s3 how do i go about doing it please?
Brett
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Settings > Data usage' on mine
P1CK4D

30th Dec 13 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
'Settings > Data usage' on mine

That. tap the button on the bottom left, Settings, Data usage then tick Set mobile data limit. If you tab the lines you can enter in a specific amount to ensure u never go over.

[Edited on 30-12-2013 by P1CK4D]
JordyCarter

30th Dec 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys just done it
Cavey

30th Dec 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although you're on a pretty awful monthly plan if you're paying £37 a month and not getting unlimited everything
JordyCarter

30th Dec 13 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got the s3 when it came out i got the phone free with it. I get unlim calls and texts but only 1gig of data and i always use my data :\

Slightly off topic but having a contract phone for almost 6 years now ive decided until phones are truly next generation stuff im just going to get a pay monthly sim. I know i could get what im getting now for about 10 quid a month. The phones novelty ran out about 2 weeks after getting it

Also my friend has just got a ipad and uses his phone to do that portable hot spot thing its also something im going to look into

[Edited on 30-12-2013 by JordyCarter]
Ben G

30th Dec 13 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I did. Got a giffgaff sim when my contract ended and £12 a month gets me unlimited internet.

phones these days aren't built to last forever though, and mines almost 3 years old now so freezes every once in a while.
dannymccann

30th Dec 13 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't like the built in options there are also apps for it, I've got 3G Watchdog, just the free version, works well
Anty
Premium Member

30th Dec 13 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go with tesco, get it capped ..
JordyCarter

31st Dec 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was actually down as unlimited but not 'truly unlimited' which is bullshit.. but what can you do the conning bastards haha
deano87

31st Dec 13 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got billed extra for going over your internet?

That's a bit shite. O2 just slow you down to 2G speeds, if not slower. No additional charges though.
johnny86
Premium Member

31st Dec 13 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with tesco I got 2500mins 5000 text 7gig of Internet for the sum of £22 a month capped with a galaxy s3

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting reminder texts on your phone 23 database queries in 0.0099399 seconds