corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Holidays for part time staff

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Holidays for part time staff
LeeM

User status: Offline
5th Jan 14 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come on CS, you're always good for this sort of thing.
i went home to visit family for xmas, I've not worked for 3 weeks now. usually only do a saturday night shift but all through summer i was doing 6 days a week.
now because i went home, I've been told I'm not allowed any shifts through january, a punishment in my eyes. but I've also been told I'm not entitled to holiday pay because my average shifts worked are zero. conveniently only using the last 3 weeks as a basis for this.
Cole

5th Jan 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you were doing 6 days a week in the summer by law you should be allowed holiday pay accured some anyway but not sure where you stand being part time. Do you have a contract there
LeeM

5th Jan 14 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do have a contract yeah, but not for a set amount of hours. worked there 31 weeks and have earned £2045 all in, by my calculation thats an average of 10.5 hours a week since start of june.
MJFF88

5th Jan 14 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you work?
Dom

5th Jan 14 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zero-hour contract? If so then your employer can essentially choose when to offer you work but similarly, you don't have to accept what they offer.

As for your holiday entitlement, then have a Google around 'holiday entitlement irregular hours' - iirc, it's based on the hours worked in the previous 12 weeks. But have a read of your contract as it should state what you're entitled to.

Edit - http://the-accounting-equation.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21:holiday-pay-calculator&catid=1:news

[Edited on 05-01-2014 by Dom]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Holidays for part time staff 23 database queries in 0.0111511 seconds