corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone know what this is for? B X16XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone know what this is for? B X16XE
Sparx

User status: Offline
7th Jan 14 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had enough!
Lights flickering on and off (hids) radio switching off and back on over bumps both show this fault also when i put power to elsewhere i.e. using brakes (which lights up rear lights obvs), interior heater fan slowing down when im off throttle, and interior lights dulls !alot! When putting headlights on.. sooo.... i had a look round my engine bay to see what wiring may be causing issue. I touched/moved 3 sets of wires. Batt to gearbox ground. Hid harness and the headlight wiring loom (has cooling fan and indy wiring in also). After looking at these i tried interior stuffs again with lights on and now its worse! Could one this be a bad ground do you reckon?

My main point for the topic was this though. I split open the headlight/indy/fan loom tidy (plastic tube that keeps all this wiring neat and is found bottom right near the passenger headlight) and found this wire to be burnt out... What is this wire for? Its a grey and red striped wire. Seems to be the only one in this bit of loom so shouldnt many choices...

corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jan 14 at 06:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need to look at a wiring diagram for your car, Haynes have them. Have a look at the plugs in that area to see where it goes. But it looks like you've got a short causing they problem.

New Poll