corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » GoPro Hero3 Black edition- settings advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GoPro Hero3 Black edition- settings advice
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jan 14 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got one brand new in the xmas sales and gonna use it for filiming hoon around in the corsa

Still cant decide wether to record in 720 or 1020p

Which is better for fast moving like if the car is mount in/outside the car on track days or fast road use?

Had a quick look in google but no difinitive answer in regards to best settings for the above

heard 720 is fine and also you can use sony editing program along with twixtor to do epic slow mo shots, you can edit a vid to run normal speed...then slow mo in HD..then revert back to normal speed seemlessly, looks really

but some other say 1020p is better for quality but might be blurred for fast moving objects like racing and takes longer to upload to youtube

any help guys v.much appreciated
andys sxi
Premium Member

18th Jan 14 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother had got a camera different make to yours but its got the same settings. He's going skiing and somebody told him to use 720 when filming because you get more frames per second, the quality isn't as good but he said you can't tell but the video will be much better, the person that told him does mountain biking just to give you an idea what they so with there cameras

Hope this helps

April 08 feature car
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Jan 14 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah thats another thing i forgot to ask- what frame rate to use with 720 or 1020p
Bart

18th Jan 14 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to film in 1080p 60fps, you can see what its like hammering about in our rib here.

I've tried a few different editing programs, even GoPro's own program and found windows movie maker is the best and most simplest to use.
when I read about WMM online, I thought it would be a bit mickey mouse, but its actually very good.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th Jan 14 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1080 super wide at 48fps
Or 1080 wide at 60fps

However 60fps looks abit wierd. Kind of looks "processed"
If that makes sence?

New Poll