corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Potential bonus ~ leaving the company?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Potential bonus ~ leaving the company?
Gaz

User status: Offline
20th Jan 14 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where would you stand regarding a potential bonus being paid after you have left the company? Presumably this wouldn't be paid.

Our review year is jan-dec, so the reviews are being done this week. Last year I took a whole load of work on which I could have worded into gathering a bonus up as this work was above my level, which is usually paid later in the year. However I leave on Friday, and therefore I presume it's pointless asking for my end if 2013 review to be done to prove I'm worth a bonus considering I have told them I'm going.
Robbo

20th Jan 14 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ofc not

have you already handed in your notice? i delayed my leaving date once purely to be there ion bonus day (in fact i even left on bonus payday itself )
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are fucked basically.
Gaz

20th Jan 14 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, I thought as much. I'm just trying to rinse them for every penny I was worth to them and thought that a loophole could be that because I've completed that review year then technically I'd have earnt a bonus (once I'd spun the review round in my favour)

Time to put my feet up then and fuck them off! :-)
Cheers lads.

[Edited on 20-01-2014 by Gaz]
ed

20th Jan 14 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be a clause in your contract saying that pending bonuses will be voided as soon as you hand your notice in if it's anything like my old contract. My old job was heavily bonus based and I walked away from a fair wedge of cash because of this.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends, anything in your contract regarding your bonus? they are normally optional so I doubt you'll get anywhere.
pow
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check your contract
whitter45

20th Jan 14 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said check your contract

Normally it applies to what you have worked - i.e Jan to Dec you should be entitled to bonus but if Bonus is paid in march like it is for our guys on Annual bonus then its very much doubtful you will receive your bonus as you will not be working for the company come payment time

How much notice do you need to give as normally they will settle with you early and Bonus would be taken into account
Wrighty_1988

20th Jan 14 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our lass finishes with her company at the end of jan and she has been told she will be paid her yearly bonus even though she is leaving. You have worked the full year which the audit is based on so you should get it. She put her notice in on the second week back.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Potential bonus ~ leaving the company? 23 database queries in 0.0144751 seconds