corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cambered rear wheels - toe in issue!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cambered rear wheels - toe in issue!
Kii

User status: Offline
21st Jan 14 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright guys, new here!

My name's Kieran and I have a red 1.4 8v Corsa B, nothing special, just some lows and wheels
Recently bought a set of 7j wheels, and I had to camber the rears to get them in the arches with minimal arch rolling. I used two M10 washers on each bolt, fitted the wheels and I've noticed that the wheels are toeing in quite badly. Is there anything I can do to solve it? I could get shims but I don't think it'll camber as much as id want it to be.
Any help would be appreciated!
Kieran
D0NN3R

21st Jan 14 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get camber shrims and bin the washers
Kii

21st Jan 14 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by D0NN3R
Get camber shrims and bin the washers

Will they camber them enough though? I've only come across ones that give you a maximum of 1.5 degrees, and im currently on about 2-3 degrees at the minute.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

21st Jan 14 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Washers aren't an accurate way of doing it to be fair. Any slight differences in size/thickness or how it's sat can throw out the toe/camber

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
dewismotorsport

21st Jan 14 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the washers out and get some proper camber shims in as how you have it is dangerous imo. The shims need to be wedge shaped which the washers aren't so will reduce surface clamping
Kii

21st Jan 14 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright then, I'll get on it. Cheers!
dewismotorsport

21st Jan 14 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also proper shims like the eibach ones on eBay you can adjust the toe in/out as well as camber

New Poll