corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Flight delays & compensation

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flight delays & compensation
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
25th Aug 13 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First thing I'd have got a room, at least then you've incurred a cost that you can later see if they'll cover.

Choosing to sleep on the floor hasn't cost you anything.

Other thing about the car breaking down is balls, you're not paying them to offer a plane, you're paying them to offer a flight. Not the same thing.

Although I'd struggle to write about your costs incurred when you didn't actually spend much on the delay. My first rule is normally be comfortable first, think later. You can always get the money back, but you can't buy poor sleep.

[Edited on 25-08-2013 by Ian]
deano87

25th Aug 13 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
First thing I'd have got a room, at least then you've incurred a cost that you can later see if they'll cover.

Choosing to sleep on the floor hasn't cost you anything.

Other thing about the car breaking down is balls, you're not paying them to offer a plane, you're paying them to offer a flight. Not the same thing.

Although I'd struggle to write about your costs incurred when you didn't actually spend much on the delay. My first rule is normally be comfortable first, think later. You can always get the money back, but you can't buy poor sleep.

[Edited on 25-08-2013 by Ian]

This was my thoughts. How can you get compensation for something which technically hasn't cost you anything?

Other than loss of earnings there isn't much to compensate you for, other than inconvenience. And for that they gave you shelter, food and water.

Feel for you though. Had a similar time delay but as it was an afternoon delay, we just sat in the airport for 8 hours
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Aug 13 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can be compensated for it, I'd just wonder what to write.
Bart

25th Aug 13 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the only route you could take is to claim poverty about not being able to afford the additional accommodation at the end of your holiday.
Root

25th Aug 13 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here. Email the CEO about the silly cunt that wrote that in the letter to you. That should rustle some jimmies and hopefully get you some nice compensation too

frank.pullman@thomascook.com

personally I'd probably lie about the hotel as well because they've been such pricks about it. But I dunno if you'll get away with it. Either way, emailing that bloke will definitely see you getting some compo.

[Edited on 25-08-2013 by Root]
deano87

25th Aug 13 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh I don't think the CEO of Thomas Cook really checks his own emails.

I wrote to the MD of Fiat UK once. Reply was on behalf of him...
Root

25th Aug 13 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
tbh I don't think the CEO of Thomas Cook really checks his own emails.

I wrote to the MD of Fiat UK once. Reply was on behalf of him...

I've wrote to countless CEOs and it gets you places if they do
Plus, it's a confirmed working email. So send him one.

At the worst, you get nothing. At best, you get a reply and compensation.
I recently emailed the CEO of my ex company, complaining about working standards and within a week, I was sat with my regional manager, discussing changes that can be implemented etc..

It does work, I'd say 80% of the time.
Yeah, you don't often get a personal email back from the actual CEO, a handful of times I have though..

And CEOs have more authority than anyone in the company and they hate seeing upset customers so give it a whirl mate and let us know how you get on

[Edited on 25-08-2013 by Root]
dragon2309

25th Aug 13 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, the CEO's email is ana venue i'll take after I've heard back from the CAA, cant do much until they've done their bit really.
Root

25th Aug 13 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dragon2309
Haha, the CEO's email is ana venue i'll take after I've heard back from the CAA, cant do much until they've done their bit really.

okie, hope you get it sorted
Kyle T
Premium Member

27th Aug 13 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I flew with thomas cook and was fine. Seats were about 10mm away from the one infront, but thats boeings fault. Cunts.

Not exactly, the seat pitch and layout is all specified by the buyer of the plane, not Boeing/airbus/whoever.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
dragon2309

30th Jan 14 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a bump this was... Ended up going to the CAA, which got us nowhere. Even though Thomas Cook admitted to it being a problem that they didnt handle corectly.

Ended up taking it to a Claim company, who creams a bit off the top for themselves if you get any compensation. Got an E-Mail from them today. Claim was settled and I've got £275 coming my way. Result, I'm happy with that tbh.

Thats just my flight personally, as it was booked seperately on its own, seperate from the other people tracelling (i was a late adition to the holiday). The other peoples cases are yet to be closed oddly, but I can imagine they will get the same, they cant pay one person and not the others.

Dave
baza31

30th Jan 14 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
They offer it.

If you saw 500 quid laying on the floor, you'd take it. Same thing here.

Oh really
Ben G

31st Jan 14 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate, unless that 500 quid belonged to a family member you dirty bastard.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Flight delays & compensation 24 database queries in 0.0132661 seconds