corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wheel offset query??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wheel offset query??
corsa-torque

User status: Offline
13th Mar 14 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the normal vauxhall offset is ET49

But my question is would I have any problems fitting 15"x7" ET 40 to a Corsa b?

Also has the 2.0 brake upgrade would this be likely to catch at all?

Need to know problems and solutions, don't mind running spacers etc, but would like to know before I fit the wheels

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

13th Mar 14 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it lowered or are there plans to lower it? I can't see it being a problem unless you lower it to the extremes. I used to have 16x7s at ET49 with the car lowered 40mm, the front wheels sat very snug on the inside, up against the strut but had a good amount of breathing space within the arch. An ET 40 would sit further from the strut but could possibly get a bit friendly with the arch if it was lowered too much.

2.0 brakes are usually fine under 15s.
corsa-torque

13th Mar 14 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the reply mike, the car is currently on Coilovers so ride could be adjusted if need be. Currently running 5mm spacers as my compomotives are a bit snug to the suspension, could I do away with these with the lower offset??
Think the comps are ET45
Mike
Premium Member

13th Mar 14 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What width are the Comps? ET45s with a 5mm spacer is the same as an ET40 without the spacer so as long as the wheel width is staying the same or going narrower then it should all be fine. If the comps are less than 7 inch wide then that would suggest that you may still need the spacers, which may cause issues on the arch side.
corsa-torque

13th Mar 14 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The comps are also 15x7 ET45

So from what you know I shouldn't have any issues at all, Thanks Mike
Mike
Premium Member

13th Mar 14 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, the new wheels should sit fairly much exactly the same then. No problem.
Jed D

14th Mar 14 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ran ET35 with 205wide tyres and was quite low on the front, no real issues there but they where 6.5j
tom130691
Premium Member

14th Mar 14 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine are ET40 down 60-70 on the front 80 on the rear,

only scrubbing i get is when there is a dip in road and im travelling relatively quickly
Paul W
Premium Member

14th Mar 14 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15x7 et 40 should fit a piece of piss dude. My oz routes are 15x7 et 42 and fitted with no arch work fully aired out. My turbos are 15x7 et 33 and needed a bit of arch work when fully aired out

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
corsa-torque

14th Mar 14 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one, cheers guys... Refurbed the wheels today so should be on soon
Jed D

14th Mar 14 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you get a lot of people say 'im X amount mm low' that means for nothing, depends a lot on damper/shocker length and weight sat over them
my 30mm springs on short jamex dampers sat a lot lower than people with 60mm springs on standard struts with a 1l 12v in, and thats with a x16xe in mine not V6, with the V6 i had to do slight arch work

New Poll