corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What new car? ~£3-4k budget

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What new car? ~£3-4k budget
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Apr 14 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My partner is going to sell the Corsa (message me if interested, 'project' thread here http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=659699&page=1).

She wants to free up some cash, buy a decent second hand car and put a few thousand into savings to help towards a house deposit.

So the dilemma is what replacement to get. Max budget of £4000. She does about 250 miles a week so a little cheap diesel is probably best, similar to what she has now. Obviously reliability and cheap running is key, not speed and performance.

I've suggested the 1.4 diesel Fabia, you can get a 07 onwards shape one for that kind of money but she doesn't particularly like them unfortunately.

She's a fan of the 1.5 diesel Clio.

What does CorsaSport suggest and why?

MX5 Project Thread
big eck

16th Apr 14 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mk6 fiesta Zetec S tdci.

Looks good, £30 a year tax and over 55mpg (even more when mapped) and cheap insurance.
fred7

16th Apr 14 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After buying a clio last week have to say shes right wanting 1. Ive got the 2.0 vvt (138) and get 34mpg so not to bad for the engine. Mines got cruise control bluetooth handsfree parking sensors ipod lead thing. Feels lovely to drive and under the money you want to spend! Also been told the 1.5 dci can be mapped to 120bhp(ish) and still get 50+mpg

[Edited on 16-04-2014 by fred7]
XE Col
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=664085

nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She's not a fan of the Fiesta either. Bloody women are more bothered about the looks rather than how suitable and decent the car actually is.

There's just this thing in my head that naturally pushes me away from buying French lol. What's the build quality like on the Clio (05-12 age model)?

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by XE Col

No need for a car of that physical size or engine size I'm afraid.

MX5 Project Thread
fred7

16th Apr 14 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines a 07 so mk3 clio. Build is great apart from bumpers always seem to be slightly misaligned. My megane is the same everything else is great my clio has factory upgraded trim its shiny dark grey looks good. My mrs loves it had the 197 rear bumper put on and twin exit exhaust

[Edited on 16-04-2014 by fred7]
Jambo

16th Apr 14 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs Jambo has had two. I like them, dynamiques have basic but high quality interiors. Never really had any issues either. Good cars. The French thing is overhyped IMO
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well she does like the Clio more than some of the other options so will take a look into them some more. Cheers for the inputs so far.

MX5 Project Thread
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clio dci 86 or 106 dynamique s is the one for that money.

I just sold ours and bought a grande punto 1.9 multijet. It's great for the cash. Both cars were £3200.

[Edited on 16-04-2014 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
fred7

17th Apr 14 at 05:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what mine is dynamique S couldnt remember when first posted.
nibnob21
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 06:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's the 1.5 86 I've been looking at. Read that they're meant to be quite smooth engines.

MX5 Project Thread
Andrew

17th Apr 14 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been looking into this for a while. You are basically looking at the Fiesta TDCI, Corsa C CDTI or Clio DCI.

I don't know what you paid for your Corsa but is it worth losing the deprecation on it? This is my predicament with my car at the moment! I want something cheap cheap but not prepared to take a loss of the pug. Running an additional car is not an option with my future savings plan if we want to go on holidays, go out etc.
nibnob21
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 07:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was bought new so obviously money has been lost on it but if it isn't sold now then more money will be lost. It's still worth around £8k and doesn't have any outstanding finance on it.

MX5 Project Thread
spencer88

17th Apr 14 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201404103207774/sort/default/usedcars/postcode/tr85qr/page/1/maximum-age/up_to_5_years_old/fuel-type/diesel/make/seat/price-to/5000/radius/1500/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/model/ibiza?logcode=p

Find a lower mileage one easily enough.
tom130691
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

half tempted to get this and sell mine
nibnob21
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201404103207774/sort/default/usedcars/postcode/tr85qr/page/1/maximum-age/up_to_5_years_old/fuel-type/diesel/make/seat/price-to/5000/radius/1500/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/model/ibiza?logcode=p

Find a lower mileage one easily enough.

Will struggle to find a new shape Ibiza within budget and the misses doesn't like the old mk. She likes the Clio and Polo. I think she should get a Fabia.

MX5 Project Thread
spencer88

17th Apr 14 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can have my vRS and some change for that
XE Col
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
quote:

half tempted to get this and sell mine

Do it!!
taylorboosh

17th Apr 14 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a point, i loved my clio dci so much that when it broke at epic cost, i bought another clio
Andrew

17th Apr 14 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something like this I've been looking for

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-56-Ford-Fiesta-1-6TDCi-Zetec-S-ONLY-31601-MILES-SALE-ON-/181378637127?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a3b025d47

Should get that down to 4k

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What new car? ~£3-4k budget 24 database queries in 0.0172060 seconds