corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Finance / leasing

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Finance / leasing
M2RTY

User status: Offline
24th Apr 14 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a 2.5 year old 3 series convertible for cash as I got a decent price on it, but have spent a few thousand on servicing, mot, DSC unit failing, tyres, getting a few dents removed and leather fixed etc. but at least i own it outright

Maybe i should have bought a new one on finance but the exact same car spec wise was twice the price overall (granted you never pay it off)

My lass bought a brand new abarth 500 on p&p, got rid after 20 months, them a 1 series convertible in silver, got rid after 11 months as she wanted a white one and got a brand new 118d msport convertible with all the toys in July. Looking soon to replace with a new range rover sport

She pays the monthly amount, drives brand new cars, and hasnt got her money tied up in them. A car is a utility bill to her, and she needs reliability for work. And she drives new cars all the time
A2H GO

24th Apr 14 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like how people say having PCP means money is not tied up in a car, most people have PCP because they don't have the money to buy outright to start with.

Even if you did, you're essentially paying over the odds for that luxury anyway and are tying up a % of your wage every month instead.
M2RTY

24th Apr 14 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put 400 away each month and buy car or buy car and pay 400 a month. We do it both ways. Life's too short to worry what other people do!
Ben G

24th Apr 14 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
A warranty which costs extra, whereas it's all included in the price of the new car.

ok

Whats the laughing smiley for? I'm merely stating a fact which you didn't include in your post.

Because it's just typical you tbh Also saying its included in the price has a hint of hilarity for me. You'd fucking hope so.

I'm not really prepared to go down this road of discussion with you tbh, seems idiotic. However long and short, what you said, implying finance/lease is the road of trouble free motoring, although is one option, isn't the only one and by a million miles not the cheapest. You asked what I'd do if the car went bang, well if I was worried I'd have bought a warranty, or heaven forbid I would've got the car from the dealer with warranty, because that'd be ok 'because its included in the price'

Not sure why you're sweaty sights are set on me anyway. Like I said, I've got no problem with finance/lease, certainly don't think anyone is 'the anti-christ' for doing it. Whatever pulls your plonker, go for it.

Resorting to silly name calling. Looks like i've won that argument.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Apr 14 at 02:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I like how people say having PCP means money is not tied up in a car, most people have PCP because they don't have the money to buy outright to start with.

Even if you did, you're essentially paying over the odds for that luxury anyway and are tying up a % of your wage every month instead.

Assuming its not a business expense, in which case its good business to not "have" any money to spend on things, it should all be invested and earning.
Ben G

25th Apr 14 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone crashed into my missus' car that she can't afford yesterday

Old codgers excuse was that he didn't see the traffic stopped ahead of him as he was looking to the right due to someone cutting him up

He did however take full responsibility for it and apologised.

Seriously have no luck with cars.

[Edited on 25-04-2014 by Ben G]
Brett
Premium Member

25th Apr 14 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Resorting to silly name calling. Looks like i've won that argument.

The fact you think you were in an argument means I'd already won tbh. Bit of a bee in your bonnet and the need to prove to everyone why financing is better for some reason. Like I said, I don't care what people do, it's just not what I choose to do. You asked what'd happen if a used car went bang, I answered, you tried to be smart in a silly way, that's that really

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Finance / leasing 23 database queries in 0.0144432 seconds