corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling a new(ish) car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Selling a new(ish) car
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th May 14 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soph wants to sell her Corsa D Ltd Ed to free up some cash to put into savings and buy a cheaper car with what's left.

After looking through eBay, Autotrader etc it seems for the spec, age, mileage etc it's worth in the region of £7500-£8000.

But surely selling a Vauxhall Corsa of that value privately is going to be impossible? Anyone who has that kind of cash to hand wouldn't buy a Corsa would they? And if they would surely they'd want to buy from a dealer?

I've only ever bought and sold lower value cars and so this is a bit new to me. I would never have considered it before, but webuyanycar will give us £7200 which suddenly seems quite appealing. No hassle of advertising, time wasters etc. and it's only a few hundred quid less than the car's actual value. I expected their valuation to be more like £6000.

Don't really know what to do. Any tips or advice?

MX5 Project Thread
whitter45

29th May 14 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try webuyanycar.com

You will be surprised at the value as its pretty new and will appeal to youngsters who will buy such a car on finance
nibnob21
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you read my post?

As said, webuyanycar have offered just shy of £7200.

Not meant to sound arsey.

[Edited on 29-05-2014 by nibnob21]

MX5 Project Thread
Toby
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People do spend that sort of money used but if a 'any car's company offer that sort of money it could be the most logical step. Just bear in mind most of these companies incentivise their employees with commission based upon how the difference between the online validation and the actual sale price.
nibnob21
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
People do spend that sort of money used but if a 'any car's company offer that sort of money it could be the most logical step. Just bear in mind most of these companies incentivise their employees with commission based upon how the difference between the online validation and the actual sale price.

Not heard that one before. So they offer you a price online, turn up to pick it up then try and haggle you down? Cheeky buggers.

MX5 Project Thread
GB123
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to take it to them to be inspected, but yeah.
John

29th May 14 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's worth 7500 and you get a no hassle sale to wbac for 300 less, I know where I'd be taking it.
taylorboosh

29th May 14 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find that more expensive cars are easier to sell - less time wasters
MatthewR

29th May 14 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold my car to webuyanycar, i got what they quoted too which was more than fair fo what i wanted and would recomend them to anyone if they asked
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe ask a VX dealer if they're interested? I really struggled to shift my 2010 Civic Type R, was looking for £11k private a the time, we buy any car offered 10,800 on their website so of course off I went to have it evaluated. They ended up not wanting to give much more than 9k for it (car was fucking mint, honestly) so I went off in a huff.

One of their tricks was to knock £500 off because it didn't have Satnav, I'd specifically selected "no" to Satnav when doing the web quote so that was bollocks. Another £250 because it had no "HFT". I innocently asked what HFT was in the office and they said "a special traction control thing that only the top spec ones had", googled it on the spot as I knew that was nonsense and informed him it was actually handsfree, which is integrated into the satnav so they double dip penalised me on that one

Ended up talking to a sales guy in the Honda dealer from which I bought it, and they gave 10600ish for it IIRC.

It had £500 worth of extras on it too which I took off and sold privately

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AndyCorsaSport

29th May 14 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually we buy any car knock money off for dents scratches wheels kerbed etc. if it's in tip top knick go with them.
Ben G

29th May 14 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my focus to a girl who turned up with 14k in cash

A lot of people don't like dealers because they talk a lot ot bullshit. I'd prefer to buy all my cars privately.
nibnob21
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will probably try it on gumtree first and then go from there. There's a Vauxhall close by so may pop in to see if they're interested.

Condition wise it's great, a few tiny stone chips but nothing more than that.

MX5 Project Thread
Andrew

29th May 14 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 50 50 with my cars. Sold a good few private and traded a few in.

Personally, i would not hand over 8k in cash, i'd go to a dealer. But from my experience, people do turn up with 8k in cash and drive away.

Found people coming to buy cars for a couple of grand want it cheaper where as the more expensive cars people turn up, pay and drive away.
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've paid £8k cash, twice - don't have an issue spending more if it came to it though.

Just take a friend, and tell somebody where you're going

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nibnob21
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm selling, not buying.

Seems there are more of the same car available on autotrader/eBay than when I last looked and it seems they're perhaps worth more than I first thought. If I went with the webuyanycar £7200 value we may be underselling by about a grand. Suddenly doesn't seem so appealing.

MX5 Project Thread
Andrew

29th May 14 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a nice car, good luck with the sale
Ben J

29th May 14 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never sold a car privatley, and tbh nor sure I could be arsed.

Got rid of the wife's 08 Astra Design to webuyanycar and they offered £200 less than the quote online. I bit their hand off because the paintwork was a bit battered being ex rental.

Jambo

30th May 14 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why wouldn't someone buy a corsa for £7500?!

It will be fine to sell privately and I would imagine if it's in decent nick and fairly priced it won't hang around long either.
pow
Premium Member

30th May 14 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it's less hassle. No offence but there must be 100s of Corsa LE's for sale - you might end up trying to sell for a couple of months, costing you a couple of hundred quid in fees, wasted time for tyre kickers. The car is never worth quite as much as you think privately.
nibnob21
Premium Member

30th May 14 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are actually only a few of the yellow 1.3CDTi LEs available at the moment. It depends how specific the buyer is on things like colour.

When I've ignored colour but looked at LEs with the same engine, age, similar mileage etc. they're generally priced at £8000+. This obviously makes £7190 from webuyanycar not seem like much.

MX5 Project Thread
richardworrall
Premium Member

30th May 14 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try our place, cant guarantee we'll give you the best price but you'll get a cheque and/or we'll clear the finance on the day. Available Car.
nibnob21
Premium Member

30th May 14 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh are you the guys down in Castle Donington?

I was talking to a bloke at work yesterday who recently got rid of his Seat for a bigger family car and he mentioned Available Car.

MX5 Project Thread
richardworrall
Premium Member

30th May 14 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are yeah, could bee worth a try

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling a new(ish) car 24 database queries in 0.0153060 seconds