corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best deal for European breakdown cover ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best deal for European breakdown cover ?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Jun 14 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is everyone using as I need to get some sorted for the ring next week

Was going to use ADAC but they have stopped offering cover to uk residents as their sister company kicked up a stink about them stealing business blah etc
Generation

17th Jun 14 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also interested, as found out the same as above

What day you going mate?
corsadonk
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 05:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I plan to extend my RAC cover when go in August.
ed

18th Jun 14 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will cost you a small fortune to do that. I used Axa for Le Mans, was £25 for up to 5 days, bought it through Money Supermarket though: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/breakdown-cover/european-single-trip/
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must of got cover just in time then. I bought ADAC about 4weeks ago and got uk cover
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Must of got cover just in time then. I bought ADAC about 4weeks ago and got uk cover

double check that ADAC took payment though mate, heard stories of ADAC taking details, saying youre covered and then not taking payment so the contract is not complete so they deny covering you...most of the time people have only been finding out when they have to come to use them
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nearly got some with flux but they were saying recovery will be to a local garage, if it cant be fixed they will possibly transport home 14days later

like fuck do I like the sound of leaving my car 2 countries away waiting for it to be brought back
Generation

18th Jun 14 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ok, don't answer me question ;(
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Also interested, as found out the same as above

What day you going mate?

Sorry mate, didn't read the second line, going next wednesday
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like im going for AA cover, fix at the side of the road, fix at a garage up to £500 or transport home for the value of the vehicle

if its being repaired and not done by the time im due to leave then they pay for me to go out and get it and drive it back myself at a later date

[Edited on 18-06-2014 by SteveoBC]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:

double check that ADAC took payment though mate, heard stories of ADAC taking details, saying youre covered and then not taking payment so the contract is not complete so they deny covering you...most of the time people have only been finding out when they have to come to use them

Payment was taken a few days after i got it.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:

Payment was taken a few days after i got it.

just got in before the cut off then, good lad
RichR
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine through Eurotunnel when booking my crossing, it was provided by the AA (iirc, might have been RAC) but was about 50% of the cost of going direct for the same level of cover.
Generation

18th Jun 14 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're going Friday !

Aa probably value your car a lot less than we do. That was why I was put off by them
Ojc

20th Jun 14 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This Friday r u
Generation

20th Jun 14 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still need to sort mine.

Aa probably class my car by book value of around £600, so don't think I'd be covered to be towed home fully
Generation

24th Jun 14 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aa cover 89 to tow me to garage if in fixable they tow back up to value of book price for car.

For £139 they do same but gives garage £500 to use for parts to fix car

Seems expensive

[Edited on 24-06-2014 by Generation]
tom130691
Premium Member

24th Jun 14 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so towing to the garage will be the book value of the car used up already
Generation

24th Jun 14 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, the tow is just usual breakdown stuff.

Book value is ridiculous, my suspension alone is worth twice the book value

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best deal for European breakdown cover ? 23 database queries in 0.0139220 seconds