corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cliosport trackday with a touch of weekend racer pics and vids

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cliosport trackday with a touch of weekend racer pics and vids
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 14 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a cliosport trackday on wednesday at Llandow which myself, Fonz and alexW attended.
Was a cracking day out with some good banter and cars. and at £85 PP for 10am to 5pm track time and breakfast who could say no
nice and laid back and not one single red flag. Although I believe two clios got towed home and an rx8 due to mechanicals

Although the puma "trophy" edition survived dispite the drivers best efforts
Pictures are thanks to andy and dan as I forgot to take any decent ones haha

My video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrL6v0kZNSI&feature=youtu.be

unfortunatly only an early session as my camera had died by the time I had brushed up on my driving. (skip the first lap as im just warming tyres etc)

Civic preformed faultlessly and got some good comments after passanger rides were given

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Corsa_Sport21

23rd Aug 14 at 04:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Puma is a bloke off Saxperience. Was looking for a cheap but decent car to do that trackday in and i mentioned to look for a Puma and he was more than impressed with it when he got 1. Think he initially just got it to do that 1 trackday in then scrap it lol.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Aug 14 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How'd your tyres last? I wrecked a front sent of cups when I did it last year, surface is so abrasive!
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Aug 14 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
How'd your tyres last? I wrecked a front sent of cups when I did it last year, surface is so abrasive!

Yer goodyears arnt looking too clever lol
Lots of grip and smooth just assume it doesnt have much rubber laid on it.

Jambo

24th Aug 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Clio with the abismal wheels is the rarest colour of 182 in existence and looks like it isn't getting much love
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Aug 14 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer someone gave me the stats on it and there arnt many. Didnt realise how few yellow were made too.
Its a nice colour mind reminds me of adam bs old vx

Toby
Premium Member

24th Aug 14 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it petrol blue Jambo? LY was rare in a 182 but the money people are asking is stupid.
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Aug 14 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer petrol blue

Jambo

25th Aug 14 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Is it petrol blue Jambo? LY was rare in a 182 but the money people are asking is stupid.

Yup, I had a LY with cup packs, one of only 59. Paid over the odds for it too and couldn't get rid of it so lost a bomb. Wish I had never sold it.

Petrol Blue where even rarer. Nice colour too.
Simon_16v

25th Aug 14 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
That Clio with the abismal wheels is the rarest colour of 182 in existence and looks like it isn't getting much love

He had some track tyres but needed some alloys and got them off ebay for cheap so his mate decided to spray them in a truely horrible fashion.

Oh and a close friend of mine has just bought a petrol blue ff 182, supposedly the first one imported into the UK with a letter from Renault backing this up. Photos will be on instagram when I see him later
Corsa_Sport21

25th Aug 14 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seen a rare 172 a few weeks back. Was Sunflower Yellow. Lovely colour.
Simon_16v

25th Aug 14 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Petrol Blue 182
by Simon_89, on Flickr
AlexW

29th Aug 14 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't realise you had posted this on here.

That petrol blue does get loving, don't worry jambo.

Was a brilliant day, once I fixed my boost issues for good. Even made it around wales that week no issues.

Roll on next year.
Toby
Premium Member

29th Aug 14 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by Toby

Yup, I had a LY with cup packs, one of only 59. Paid over the odds for it too and couldn't get rid of it so lost a bomb. Wish I had never sold it.

Petrol Blue where even rarer. Nice colour too.

I've just seen on on facebook. Its on 40k admittedly and looks clean but he wants almost £5k. Can it warrant double the price of a normal 182? That's almost trophy money which are expensive in themselves.
Fonz
Premium Member

30th Aug 14 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for sharing the photos. i'm still holding off joining the page just to see the thread!

a good day out but an abrasive surface!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cliosport trackday with a touch of weekend racer pics and vids 24 database queries in 0.0184598 seconds