corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Nightmare.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Nightmare.
Ben_Graham

User status: Offline
25th Jul 03 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I haven't been on this board for ages after selling my Corsa but getting lots of good advice in the past I could really do with some now (grovelling over)
Right, at work in London we have a company car park underneath our building where I have a parking space. I am in the middle of changing insurance from Tesco to my works insurance, and drove to work on Monday with the intention of sorting it. I spoke to tesco and found out that the it was just under 7 months of being insured so to cancel with the least costs the sooner I did it the better. I knew I wouldn't be using the car that week, so cancelled and sorted out my other insurance. As they needed some paperwork of me they said they couldn't it until the following Monday, which was fine with me as I figured I could leave my car in the car park, with nothing able to happen to it, plus its private property. Then, lat night some twat at work reversed all along the side of it, leaving me needing a new door, rear quarter, side strip, etc. He admitted it straight away to services, plus its all on camera. However technically I was uninsured so I'm a bit twitchy now about it. Any ideas about my situation?
Gambit

25th Jul 03 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt matter, your insurance doesnt come into it

its up to his insurance to pay out.
Gambit

25th Jul 03 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your insurance would only be needed if he denied/disputed it, but seeing as its on camera the proof is there
Sam
Premium Member

25th Jul 03 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't you insurance company have to know about the accident/claim though? ie. to get the money from the liable party?
Ben_Graham

25th Jul 03 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I'm worried about, does his insurance company have to speak to mine and legally do I have to tell anyone?
Gambit

25th Jul 03 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as im aware, you just go & get a quote to get the damage fixed, agree with him & his insurance, then they foot the bill

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance Nightmare. 23 database queries in 0.2736180 seconds