corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » P2V Windows 7 Machine for Hyper-V

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author P2V Windows 7 Machine for Hyper-V
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Sep 14 at 06:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone done it? Pre me someone made the decision to purchase a cashless catering system that runs from a unbranded, single SATA hard disk Windows 7 computer with no backup facility. To add insult to injury the catering manager uses the machine as her 'everyday machine' - workgroup computer with local accounts, internet access email MS office, basically I can't wait for it to go wrong.

I'm thinking I'll P2V this machine, throw it on one of my Hyper-V servers and then rebuild the machine as a Windows 8.1 domain computer for the catering manager to use - can anyone see any issues with P2V'ing a windows 7 machine for hyper-V? One of those "yeah I've done it just go for it/don't do it" situations.
John

9th Sep 14 at 06:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done it, no problems.
pow
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the answer I was looking for! Using Disk2VHD?
Richie

11th Sep 14 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FYI used Disk2VHD today to take a machine into Azure - worked perfect.
pow
Premium Member

12th Sep 14 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marvellous I'll do it some point next week.

New Poll