corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New van

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New van
c20let

User status: Offline
20th Sep 14 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After selling the caddy due to needing something bigger, I finally got my transit this week.

Happy to be back in a white van again too. Comes pretty well spec'd, reverse camera, parking sensors, half leather, heated seat, bluetooth & some other bits. Not bad for a van anyway.

Was wanting another transporter originally, but these are better spec and much, much cheaper. Perfect for what I need.

I doubt the black strips will be to peoples taste, I didn't even know they were going to be on it. I thought they were an extra, apparently not. They'll be coming off soon when the van gets sign written.

Few pics

random dav
Premium Member

20th Sep 14 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool. Seen a few of these here, think people are wising up that utes are crap

WRLFC !

Project cars
baza31

20th Sep 14 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am going to order one of these soon. What did you pay ? There about 22k ain't they but a lad I know said they ford discounted his to 18500 which am struggling to believe . It's a lot of money for a van but 8 year old ones are still doing 8k . I would be happy to lose a grand a year .
taylorboosh

20th Sep 14 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks ace tbh
Ben G

20th Sep 14 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vw looks better but these new transits are supposed to be the nuts.
baza31

22nd Sep 14 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did you pay in end ? Am going down to ford on Friday to see how much I can try get one for. What's it like in fuel ? And what's it like to drive?
c20let

22nd Sep 14 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid £20k. Couldn't get better than that. Only other ones close to that price were the import ones on ebay.
DaveyLC

23rd Sep 14 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does it drive like? I've heard a lot of people saying the new transit drives really nice, it feels just like driving a tall car..
Hammer

23rd Sep 14 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the old shape ST for 6 months, absolutely loved it.
AndyCorsaSport

23rd Sep 14 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality for a van! Done a couple of resprays on these and they are much nicer to work on than the old ones.
baza31

23rd Sep 14 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20let
Paid £20k. Couldn't get better than that. Only other ones close to that price were the import ones on ebay.

Plus vat or all in ? Where are they coming in from ? I couldn't care about it been an import as long as I was saving money. Have you compared the drive to the standard custom? What's the fuel economy like?
c20let

23rd Sep 14 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Price was plus VAT.
Not too sure where the imports are from. I noticed you can get the import sport in deep impact blue. UK ones are only black, white, red or silver.
Only done about 250 miles so far, only getting 28mpg though which seems a bit shit to me. That's all stop/start town driving so I'd hope it'll get better over time.
This is the first transit I've driven so can't comapre.

[Edited on 23-09-2014 by c20let]
c20let

23rd Sep 14 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
What does it drive like? I've heard a lot of people saying the new transit drives really nice, it feels just like driving a tall car..

Drives really well. Interior is really good too, so much better than the caddy and in my opinion better than the transporter. Can't hear any noise from the back either which is good.
baza31

24th Sep 14 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

28mpg ? Fuck that , I used to get that out of my l200 and that used to cost me a fortune . I do roughly 800-1000 miles a week . Can you update this when you've done a motorway run. I would be interested to see if it can his the 37-43mpg that it's claimed to do
DaveyLC

24th Sep 14 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20let
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

Drives really well. Interior is really good too, so much better than the caddy and in my opinion better than the transporter. Can't hear any noise from the back either which is good.

To be fair I've never understood why there is so much love for VW Transporter's? Yeah they look nice but they drive like shit and cost a small fortune..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New van 24 database queries in 0.0148702 seconds