corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C strength of rear end

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C strength of rear end
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   30th Nov 14 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How strong are rear ends on Corsa C?

Rear ended one in my golf yesterday on a roundabout , and damage difference is just ridiculous

there were no brake lights, first thing one of the guys said is that his back is gone.

driver said nothing, it was other guys talking all the time. 4 of them in the car but one of them never got out which I found strange.

Returned to the place today, and no cameras unfortunately.

Went to the address that the guy gave me, and there was more damage to corsa than in the picture.

thoughts?

johnny86
Premium Member

30th Nov 14 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go back and take pictures of it now
Y869 SRA

30th Nov 14 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing happened to me in my 206.

I needed a new headlight, new wing, bonnet was dented, scraches on my bumper...

My mates Fiesta... cracked bumper, thats it!
daymoon
Premium Member

30th Nov 14 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Go back and take pictures of it now

my mate is going over in morning. There are too many speed bumps for me to make a quick escape in BMW if need be

Plus when i went over today it was dark, and curtains started moving after couple of mins of me being parked next to it :/
pow
Premium Member

30th Nov 14 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Expect 24k of whiplash. Basically your fudged. Unless you have a camera fitted to your car that shows 0 brakelights from that car.

Rear enders are always the person who hits' fault. Stinks of cashlash but the insurance company will listen to your complaints, screw them up, throw them in the bin and pay up 6k for each occupant. Can you tell that this has happened to me? If I ever see the car that did it to me on the road again I'll be slamming my brakes on so hard and calling an ambulance out for my back injuries.

Damage to that car you might be lucky as you have a photo with less damage than there is on the car now but you'll never be able to prove that the back injuries didn't come from the accident.

[Edited on 30-11-2014 by pow]
Andrew

30th Nov 14 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I touched the side of an old Rover around a year ago. I offered the guy 1k for his shit car which is twice what it was worth. It was also a small dent in one of his doors. As soon as he got out of his car he wanted my insurance details. Complete cock wanting to claim for everything he could...

I think that claim is still going on.

What has happened to you sounds like a crash for cash I bet the car was full and those brakes lights didn't work.
Y869 SRA

30th Nov 14 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crash for cash... you'd think insurance companies would've caught on by now.

I had some stupid little girl try it on with me last year.
I gave her £100 to getta new wing and have it sprayed (despite she went round a car park the wrong way and didn't stop despite seeing me reversing outta a space) and the twat still went thru the insurance and they wrote off the car.
Luckily, I made payment via Paypal so when the insurance come to me about it, I explained what happened, sent them proof that I paid the girl and never heard anything back about it.
taylorboosh

30th Nov 14 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100 for a wing and paint and labour - gtf id of claimed too
RS6

30th Nov 14 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no brake lights sounds like they are pulling a scam on you, i would forward photos to insurance

whats the reg of that corsa? NK04 TPX?

worth checking here https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

[Edited on 30-11-2014 by RS6]
Ben G

30th Nov 14 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Expect 24k of whiplash. Basically your fudged. Unless you have a camera fitted to your car that shows 0 brakelights from that car.

Rear enders are always the person who hits' fault. Stinks of cashlash but the insurance company will listen to your complaints, screw them up, throw them in the bin and pay up 6k for each occupant. Can you tell that this has happened to me? If I ever see the car that did it to me on the road again I'll be slamming my brakes on so hard and calling an ambulance out for my back injuries.

Damage to that car you might be lucky as you have a photo with less damage than there is on the car now but you'll never be able to prove that the back injuries didn't come from the accident.

[Edited on 30-11-2014 by pow]

Don't tar all rear ended victims with the same brush.

My other half got hit whilst stationery at traffic lights by some old codger trying to be a smart arse. Damage was enough for the fiesta to take a good while to fix. No claim.

But yeah, in daymoons case, it appears he hit the general Jeremy Kyle Watcher.
--ToM--

30th Nov 14 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

24k payout? Messing aren't you, whiplash is something shit like 2 grand ish now isn't it? Either way definately a smash for cash the guy stood by the back door of the corsa in the pik looks dodgy enough for me to make the assumption lol,

My missus brother works in an insurance claim company not sure which one but he was telling me the other day about an ongoing claim with some local Scallys, basically the 3 of them stole a car whilst drunk ended up crashing it to the point where the driver died and the other two were left in comas one lad "died" twice and was brought back around on his way to hospital, any who now them two have fully recovered they are claiming they didn't know the car was stolen when they were picked up by the now dead driver and as he is dead and it cannot be proven otherwise the claim is going ahead and each lad is apparently looking at a payout of atleast £800,000 each :/ don't deserve a penny in my eyes and they deserve the permenant injuries they have been left with but it seems to be the way things work these days,
davegreen
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 07:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some one tried the whiplash claim on my sister earlier this year in an old corsa, but she noticed all the damage was to low as she drives a 4x4 with number plate below bumper, still untouched, pointed this out to driver who was holding his neck while 'calling for ambulance' and the fact he had no tax, broken windscreen, 2x bald tyres. as if by miracle he made full recovery and drove off. when she called police the car was known to them for this. have you informed police? you should inform them of any rta even if no damage or injury has happened.
pow
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I'm not messing, 6k per person in my case. And someone went up the back of my 2 yrs ago (infact nearly to the day) and I didn't claim becuase I was fine - my car was away for 3 weeks (with Tom from here as well) I had to drive some shit A160 . The problem is the police or insurance company will not be arsed by the fact that the back injuries are fake and the brake lights didn't work as they can't prove them easily.

If you get away with this I'll be very very surprised - but give it a go anyway.

[Edited on 01-12-2014 by pow]
Steve
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought insurance were clamping down on this now? eg making people have to go to their approved doctors or something and requiring fuller assessments

[Edited on 01-12-2014 by Steve]
pow
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doctors still can't prove it, they just go on when the person says ouch at the right time.
daymoon
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

numberplate went awol and damage to rear side bumper light
3CorsaMeal

1st Dec 14 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quickly fix your car up so it looks like a 2mph impact imo
Ben G

1st Dec 14 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The damage looks the same as in your first pic. Number plate could have fallen off on the way home.
AndyCorsaSport

1st Dec 14 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Number plates on the parcel shelf. Can see it. And judging by the bumper was taped on. Might have fallen off.
John

1st Dec 14 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Light looks smashed in your original picture too.

Probably some scammer anyway but looks to have no extra damage.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Dec 14 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get this post.

Ok get the bit about scamming for neck injuries.

But this extra damage stuff? apart from the two pics not looking a great different, what are you suspecting, that hes trying to claim for a new number plate?

[Edited on 02-12-2014 by Steve]
daymoon
Premium Member

2nd Dec 14 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plate was on the car on sunday night.

Reported to police.
golf is fixed at cost of 45 quid.
there is a camera on m621 that catches this bit of roundabout so hopefully somethig can be seen
AndyCorsaSport

3rd Dec 14 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reported what to the police? I hit someone's car and they have removed there number plate? :/ should have go the police out there and then to where it happened so they could see it had no brake lights. For all you know now he's put bulbs in and it's then your word against his.
kennySRi

3rd Dec 14 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm also pretty confused with all of this.

The damage is the same. Doesn't matter because either way you have gone into the back of someone so it's your fault. You're not paying for it so doesn't matter if its a dent or a dent and a new number plate or whatever.

Insurance companies were clamping down on whiplash. Think they wanted proof that the collision had to be around 30mph but doubt they have done anything about that. They'd also be looking at £1500 per claim.

Pugnut, you crashed into somebody. Said you'll pay them double the value of their car just so you didn't go through insurance? They probably didn't believe you had insurance. Most people would want to go through the correct procedure anyway so that's hardly surprising. I doubt it happened anyway.

Also at the guy offering £100 for a new wing and paint.

[Edited on 03-12-2014 by kennySRi]
taylorboosh

3rd Dec 14 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he fancied another cdti track car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C strength of rear end 23 database queries in 0.0272000 seconds