corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do watches go up in price a lot?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do watches go up in price a lot?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Dec 14 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Nixon The Dork watch.
Bought it when I was 16 in America for $65 brand new.
Wore it twice. It cut me to death as the corners on the bloody thing are sharp as fook. So I put it in the box and left it.
Just been cleanin out my room and found it. Theres a couple on eBay for £200ish and it looks like there kind of rare nowa days...

Would you keep hold of it and hope it's going to keep going up in price
Or would you just sell it now and make the £200ish?
kz

5th Dec 14 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it rare or special edition or something? If so, maybe... yes watches do go up in value but we're talking mainly vintage Rolex's etc.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I honestly didn't think it was to be honest, when I bought it, it was just a watch? Wasn't anything special about it.
No ltd edition number on it or anything atall?

But if you have a quick google search. It comes up with a fair few rare watch websites with articles about them?
Balling
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U DaveyLC.

GB123
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.shadestation.co.uk/Nixon-Watches-The-Dork-A400-1400-1.html
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of stock. Not sure when that was up for sale? Could of been years back?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=Nixon+the+dork&isNewKw=1&_pgn=1&epp=24&itemId=&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=nixon+the+dork&trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR2.TRC1.Xnixon+the+dork
Brett
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not selling for £200 necessarily. If you click on 'sold listings' then the ones that have actually sold are around £40-100 mostly. Still, potential profit there.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Dec 14 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whether or not it is rare and exclusive, write rare and exclusive on the listing.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know them ones havnt. Just posting an example. There's a few from America that have sold for a few hundred $$ aswell. Might just keep hold of it for another year see what happens. As you say Brett's it's still profit at the end of the day. Everything sells better if it's rare and exclusive Ian

[Edited on 05-12-2014 by FlaFFy_91]
RichR
Premium Member

6th Dec 14 at 00:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought my missus another Nixon watch for Christmas as it's my guaranteed, go to present!
baza31

6th Dec 14 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think i would be happy giving that away never mind a profit
GB123
Premium Member

6th Dec 14 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Dec 14 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
I think i would be happy giving that away never mind a profit

Ugly as fuck isn't it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do watches go up in price a lot? 24 database queries in 0.0138428 seconds