corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halfords 150pc socket set

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Halfords 150pc socket set
big eck

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 15 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just reserved this set online at £90 but before I hand over the cash tomorrow has anyone on here actually bought and used one???

What's the quality like on the full package, eg tools and carry case???

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=255215&productId=862421&storeId=10001
Dee25790

4th Jan 15 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't say anything about that particular socket set but my dad and uncle have an engineering and powercoating workshop and have a fair amount of halfords tools and they've pretty good quality! I have a set of ratchet spanner from there again well made. I'm pretty sure halfords give a lifetime guarantee but I would check

[Edited on 04-01-2015 by Dee25790]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 00:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the few bits I have used have always been ok.

as Dee says they offer a lifetime guarantee as long as you keep the receipt so if it does break they just give you a brand new piece. a few people on here have laminated their receipt
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tools are good, case is cheap. Hinge broke on mine quickly
Jimbothebarbarian

4th Jan 15 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had three over the years. One got robbed when my unit got done over, the other two I've had for ages. One ended up split into my tool chest the other is still in the case for taking with me in the car.

Anything busts they change no bother. I've had all the snap on and bluepoint yada yada. Just as good for day to day use. And for £90 who gives a fuck
big eck

4th Jan 15 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't the case covered by the same warranty??

Does the lifetime warranty cover the ratchets as well, read a few reviews they only cover them for a year.
Jimbothebarbarian

4th Jan 15 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't say for sure mate. It's maybe changed over the years. I've never had a bother with the cases I've had. I've had one ratchet changed no problem without a receipt. That maybe down to my local not being full of pricks. If you're unsure ask them when you collect it.
Ben G

4th Jan 15 at 02:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've added the ratchet spanners to the lifetime warranty now so won't be an issue to replace them free of charge.
taylorboosh

4th Jan 15 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Halfords is decent gear
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rebuilt my car using halfords tools.
johnny86
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My case is busted can I swap that?
pro8186

4th Jan 15 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wicked tools mate, shame the 170 peice as gone back to full price other than that both sets have a good selection of tools. Cant see the hinges on case lasting long but with a lifetime guarntee its a no brainer.
Haimsey
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had mine for a few years now, great bit of kit.
I have the 170 though, not sure what the extra pieces are between the two but I've never really been short of anything I needed from it.

Had to replace a couple of items and did so with no problems.

My case is knackered though, the clips drop off but I cba to swap it - but I've read people have done so before.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Stu_22

4th Jan 15 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good but over the years they have dropped the range of spanners and replaced with little bits to keep numbers up
kennySRi

4th Jan 15 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My garage is full of halfords tools and never had a problem with any and nothing has broke in all the years I've used them. Great tools IMO.
Corsa_Sport21

4th Jan 15 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't get a better like for like kit for the money. Halfords professional range is as good as the top tools on the market.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 15 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My place is full of them, its not bad stuff at all.

I never start anything too big with the ratchets so they're going to last. But the stuff feels nice and is strong enough, definitely worth the money.
Generation

4th Jan 15 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing but positive words. Done 3 engine changes mostly just using these kits. They've had constant use over 3 or so years, and only two things have broken.

Ratchet, which was swapped there and then.
Box damaged, hey sent off for new one and was swapped 3 days later.

Great stuff
big eck

4th Jan 15 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought it today. Good bit of kit, doesn't have the multi spline sockets included which is a pisser so I'll have to out out £25 on buying that seperate.
AlexW

4th Jan 15 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought the 170 kit when I left my old job. Its done me very well. Still used as my main tools in the garage I work in now.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I swapped a ratchet a few months back no problem at all.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
alan-g-w

5th Jan 15 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the 200 piece kit for £125 in the sale, 50% off + trade card. Needed a spare set but the stuff seems better than I thought it'd be.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halfords 150pc socket set 24 database queries in 0.0190451 seconds