corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Honeymoon in SA - Capetown and Safari (whitter45 style photo thread - 56k warning)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Honeymoon in SA - Capetown and Safari (whitter45 style photo thread - 56k warning)
Cavey

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 15 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had our delayed honeymoon over the last fortnight in Capetown and a game reserve called Vuyani on the outskirts of Kruger national park. (Well, Capetown was with our 3 year old daughter, who we left with my mum who lives in CPT while we went to the lodge)

Nearly a 12 hour flight overnight each way courtesy of Virgin Atlantic, whom given the choice we won't be using again, I thought long haul was meant to have decent leg room even in economy, apparently not, me and the wife are both midgets and still had hardly any room, resulting in 1 or 2 hours sleep the whole trip, and to top it off the people in front put their chairs back all the way within 30 mins of takeoff.

Capetown was amazing, within a day of being there we were trying to think of ways we could move out there and live there, but without using our super-strong pound-to-rand combination we'd be no better off than we are now, except living in the sun, and a having endless beaches... Only had 3 days there at the start, did Table Mountain, Camps Bay (Super rich area) A Lego Exhibit (Which was Awesome) went to the beaches etc... usual holiday fare. Because of the exchange rate, food/drink is really cheap out there, £2 a pint, £2 or so for her Cosmo's.

I'm assuming it's a '66 Corvette (guess I should put up a car pic to start with)

'66 Vette by cavey007, on Flickr

Cobra - You can rent them for the day apparently, R800 or so, with a R15,000 deposit and R6 per mile (£30ish, £800ish, 50p or so) http://www.capecobrahire.co.za/pricing.html - If you're ever out there

Robben Island

Robben Island by cavey007, on Flickr

Capetown

Table Mountain by cavey007, on Flickr

Lego photos - By an American artist Natahn Sawaya

80,020 pieces for this bad boy, maybe next christmas' project for Steve?

Went to Boulders Bay on the few days we were back after the Safari, really cool, wild african penguins, that you can get very close to, and have a little swim with (unfortunately my scouts, my mother, didn't realise this second bay was here with the cove, so she told us not to bother bringing swimsuits...)

My kid and Penguins

Boulders Bay by cavey007, on Flickr

Paddington Bear and Me getting a selfie (Her nursery has the bear and the kids get pics with him on holidays)

Some confused penguins

And some underwater ones from my Z3 compact, such a surreal feeling purposely taking your phone into the swimming pool, they seem to be better quality than the above water ones...

Kirstenbosch botanical gardens, lovely place, they have concerts in there every Sunday night, some decent artists too, The Lumineers, Ben Howard

Will be uploading Safari pics to Flickr in a bit, got far too many to go through

This was on our first game drive, the evening we arrived at Vuyani Safari Lodge - http://www.vuyanilodge.com/ - Massively recommended, value for money was amazing, it's #1 of 80odd on tripadvisor, the food was amazing, service, accomodation, game drives, everything was brilliant.

Lions posing by cavey007, on Flickr

Few pics of the reserve

Otherside of "wilderness" by cavey007, on Flickr

"Wilderness" by cavey007, on Flickr

After 10-15 mins of watching the Lions by the watering hole, the 3 females disappeared and left the male by himself, a few minutes again after that we heard the females grunt and the Male ran off, thought that was the end of the viewing... The guide went to drive off and we heard a rustling in the bushes on the otherside of the pool, drove around, over, and through the vegetation and kept hearing rustling/scuffling/growling, turns out the lions were taking down a baby Giraffe, and after 20-30 mins of "suffocation" and struggling we managed to circle around and find them chowing down, the Mother giraffe was still around trying to scare them away, but after a few mins she gave up and walked off!

Dinnertime by cavey007, on Flickr

Apparently he didn't want one of the girls eating while he was - Awesome roar when he had a go at them

[Edited on 03-02-2015 by Cavey]
Marc

3rd Feb 15 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo

3rd Feb 15 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cobra

Looks like a great adventure
SVM 286

3rd Feb 15 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the hell did you get Mr & Mrs Lion to pose like that Cavey?
Cavey

3rd Feb 15 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Peanut butter, like they used to do with the chimps
taylorboosh

3rd Feb 15 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks amazing
baza31

3rd Feb 15 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great it's nice u let ur little one share ur honeymoon. The bottom two lion pics look like it's ready to go nuts . Like the bear idea
Cavey

3rd Feb 15 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kinda shared it, worked well really, turns out my mum accepted a job in Runcorn and moved back over here today, so timed it perfectly, she got to spend a couple of weeks with our littlun, and we got to have 5 nights to ourselves on Safari. She would of loved the safari stuff as well, so we'll have to get saving from now to go in 10 years or so with her
whitter45

4th Feb 15 at 06:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks awesome and congratulations

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Honeymoon in SA - Capetown and Safari (whitter45 style photo thread - 56k warning) 23 database queries in 0.0113492 seconds