corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Compomotive Alloys..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Compomotive Alloys..
Y869 SRA

User status: Offline
20th Mar 15 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I have a 100% standard audi a3 and the front tyres have worn on the inside edges, corrado and corsa did the same and i always assumed it was because i had lowered it.

Maybe its just my driving.

Just for the record, the car wasn't lowered.
--ToM--

20th Mar 15 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Camber/ caster rather than tracking

No it isnt...... Camber doesnt wear tyres much quicker than standard - its the toe angle which in effect scrubs the tyres back - hense to quick quick wear....

And castor doesnt really come into it...

Wrong

Incorrectly set camber/caster will affect the toe and scrub tyres even if the the toe has been set to manufacturers specs (which he said it had been) if the camber and/or castor is out even with the tracking done to set the toe angle it'll stil scrub, like he said it did.
--ToM--

20th Mar 15 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pointless tracking a car up and not doing camber caster it all ties in together, tracking a car and still having tyre wear indicates camber caster hasn't been done, tracking sets your wheels parallel but with the wrong camber caster they can be parallel but pointing in the wrong direction

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Compomotive Alloys.. 23 database queries in 0.0066369 seconds