corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » "Microsoft Technical Support"

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author "Microsoft Technical Support"
Steve X16XE

User status: Offline
10th Apr 15 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a phone call from some very Asian sounding guy called Peter.

Basically it's a scam. I knew this from the start and managed to have them on the phone for 25 mins and then they started threatening me that they will turn off my Microsoft subscription to which I said i'd just buy a new computer, where they said they'd block that too. So that's where the shouting and name calling started. Was fun really.

They as you to press the windows key and press R. Then as you to type in "eventvwr". DO NOT PRESS ENTER AFTER THIS! I had them going saying the computer was really slow. They then asked me to go to a website. www.fastheal.net The website is ok to view, it's when they as you to click on the "connect to technician" where they get control of your computer. Oh and when they ask to put a "." tell them you have typed "DOT". Really winds them up!

I'm sure not many of you on here would fall for this, but parents and grandparents might. So just remind them if they get a call like this, just hang up and block the number. oh and this it the number... 01642878714

Brett
Premium Member

10th Apr 15 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol why can't you press enter? Event Viewer isn't going to do anything bad.

I assume the bad bit is once you've downloaded logmein they then do something.

[Edited on 10-04-2015 by Brett]
gooner_47

10th Apr 15 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
They as you to press the windows key and press R. Then as you to type in "eventvwr". DO NOT PRESS ENTER AFTER THIS!

Why? It's just Event Viewer
Steve X16XE

10th Apr 15 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i'm not really up on all that sort of thing. I've also posted this on my FB wall.

I'm guessing it's after that when they do something?
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Apr 15 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

event viewer hax

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Brett
Premium Member

10th Apr 15 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DO NOT OPEN EVENT VIEWER!
_Allan_

10th Apr 15 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bastards

I opened it and now all my logs are on show
Neo

10th Apr 15 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had this happen at work.

They Basically say if an event code is logged (cabot recall which, a standard logon event) then your computer is infected.

once I asked which computer, he said "a Windows one", I said he'd have to be more specific as we had about 500 on site

I just get angry and ask why they are trying to pull a scam and they have no morals, trying to con little old ladies etc etc
K2 GTi

10th Apr 15 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-04/11/malwarebytes

Scumbags. The thought of these curry munching smelly bastards scamming old people makes me feel sick .
andy1868

10th Apr 15 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a customer that fell for this they took control of the machine and locked it out. Later on the bank rang them asking if they meant to transfer £900 to India whoops

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » "Microsoft Technical Support" 24 database queries in 0.0156798 seconds