corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dewalt power tools problem..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dewalt power tools problem..
Dee25790

User status: Offline
5th May 15 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soo this morning I got one of my dewalt drills and lashed it in the boot haven't used this one for a while.

I got to work whacked a battery in and it got hot and smelt like burning within seconds I only put my trigger on for a quick blast to check it was charged.

Took the battery out assuming it was just a nakered battery overheating, I put a battery in that I knew was good because I used it yesterday same thing happened and this time it even popped the cell.. Shir myself when I realised acid was leaking out haha.

It's not that old a drill but is out of warranty.

Anyone know anything about power tools and what could be causing this to overheat my batteries? I've now nakered two batteries so not really willing to fuck about too much more with it but it's handy to have.

It's a dc222 (might be dc224 I'll have to check) 24v btw
Dee25790

5th May 15 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nicd batteries too
SVM 286

5th May 15 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unusual fault Dee, especially for Nicads.

I'd say there's more of a chance it's a short in the tool rather than battery issues if it's both packs and they were previously fine.

Do you have a rep, or perhaps a repair agent near to you?
3CorsaMeal

5th May 15 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything stuck in the end when you take battery out?
Tiger

5th May 15 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Batteries are over a ton each for those ones so you'd be better off getting a new drill. Don't bother with 3rd party batteries as they're shite.
Dee25790

5th May 15 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Batteries are over a ton each for those ones so you'd be better off getting a new drill. Don't bother with 3rd party batteries as they're shite.

I know I was absolutely wounded both batteries nakered.. Wasn't a great start to first day after bank hol
Dee25790

5th May 15 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Anything stuck in the end when you take battery out?

No I did check that think it is possibly a short somewhere
Dee25790

5th May 15 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
Unusual fault Dee, especially for Nicads.

I'd say there's more of a chance it's a short in the tool rather than battery issues if it's both packs and they were previously fine.

Do you have a rep, or perhaps a repair agent near to you?

Yeah I was pretty convinced it was the tool. I've sat n racked my brain this evening think I might strip the drill down on the weekend and have a poke about inside its only worth about 70 quid working order so won't bother paying anyone to repair it. I've got other too.

Might treat myself and upgrade all my tools to 36v li ion haha

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dewalt power tools problem.. 23 database queries in 0.0086260 seconds