corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lumbar Puncture

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lumbar Puncture
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th May 15 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My leg did twitch a few times, aye
I'm not actually sure, Dav. I've to see my doctor about the results but I've heard it takes a wee while.
SVM 286

15th May 15 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Jim, that sounds amazing Can't wait now. Hope your back gets better!

Thanks Eck

Not very likely though, owing to one damaged disc, one dehydrated disc, one disc with a lateral bulge and root nerve compression.

Plus there's some additional trouble with a further two discs between my shoulder blades.
random dav
Premium Member

17th May 15 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Thanks Eck

Not very likely though, owing to one damaged disc, one dehydrated disc, one disc with a lateral bulge and root nerve compression.

Plus there's some additional trouble with a further two discs between my shoulder blades.

Have you had the discs injected? Or any root sleeve injections?

Eck- I had the twitchy leg too, it woke me up from sedation too

WRLFC !

Project cars
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th May 15 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of these stories, Jesus. I know some people with back injury, I suppose that you would be willing to try anything if it might sort it out.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
SVM 286

17th May 15 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by random dav
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Thanks Eck

Yes Dav. I had steroid injections in and around the three problem lumbar discs.

I'm due another more focused one now though, as the first was done without any MRI information, so was a bit vague and gave me precisely bugger all relief or benefit.

I don't think they did anything root sleeve-wise. Although I could be wrong.
SVM 286

17th May 15 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Some of these stories, Jesus. I know some people with back injury, I suppose that you would be willing to try anything if it might sort it out.

Genuinely almost anything Phil.

It's like toothache, only worse. Plus it dictates your entire day, every day. It's shite.
random dav
Premium Member

18th May 15 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by random dav
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Thanks Eck

Yes Dav. I had steroid injections in and around the three problem lumbar discs.

I'm due another more focused one now though, as the first was done without any MRI information, so was a bit vague and gave me precisely bugger all relief or benefit.

I don't think they did anything root sleeve-wise. Although I could be wrong.

Ah, I had 2 MRI's, ultrasound and also live x-rays as they did mine directly into the disc to build up a better picture, it has been quite successful, well apart from the dura leak, trust me to be the surgeons first!. I am back on Thursday to see whats next.

Have they said what is next for you? Any mentions of surgery? I suppose I am lucky to be a private patient here and they seem to cut the bullshitand waiting.

WRLFC !

Project cars
SVM 286

18th May 15 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have declined to operate on me Dav.

Their reasons seem to be that the cons outweigh the pros and that the risk of infection, paralysis and fatality are too high.

They seem to be of the opinion that the chances of any improvement from a laminectomy or any other invasive procedure, are slim to nil.

I wouldn't mind betting that cost is a significant issue too though.

The next set of injections i'm supposed to be having will allegedly be ''more focused'' according to the consultant.

I'm not particularly optimistic.

It's taken two years to get this far. Namely, nowhere.
Eck
Premium Member

18th May 15 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you ever require someone to blow the cob webs out of the ERSt or MG V8, give me a shout
SVM 286

18th May 15 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do Chieftan

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lumbar Puncture 24 database queries in 0.0076220 seconds