corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Signums

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Signums
GB123
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd May 15 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone owned one or does anyone have any experience of them?

I'm looking at diesels but I'm not sure whether the 1.9 or 2.2 is better, and just what their common faults/problems are overall

Thanks
Robin
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3.0 v6 CDTi?
GB123
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably the best diesel to have, but I'm only looking at the fairly cheap ones and the 3.0's hold their money reasonably well
recarouk

3rd May 15 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.9 suffer from egr problems, injector wiring, DMF's and Inlet manifold (swirl bar) problems.

2.2 would be the DTI which have the VP Fuel pump that can fail and is i a nightmare to fix and or replace.

V6 is thirsty, not as tuneable as the 1.9 (doesnt respond aswell to remaps etc) but doesnt appear to have any of the common failures that the other two have, other than a DPF that is likely to cause issues if you're only doing town journeys.

GB123
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that, that's probably the reason that the v6's are worth double/triple the amount of the others then
recarouk

3rd May 15 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye could be

1.9 is probably the best one to go for, if you can find one with the major works done.

failing that saab 9-3 is the same car, chassis, engine line up but looks a lot nice inside/out imo.
--ToM--

3rd May 15 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you go for a 1.9 go for a 120bhp 8v engine rather than the 16v 150bhp there a much better engine and the power difference is barely noticeable, if your bothered about power get a v6 they can be had fairly cheap I got one last year for a grand
XE Col
Premium Member

3rd May 15 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the 8v 120's have the m32 chocolate gearbox,
The 150's have the f40 box
The vectra's are like that anyway
gazza808

4th May 15 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one,
I've got the 150, feels alright no issues towing a trailer,
Swapped the egr valve once, 30mins job,
It's on 160k+ now and that's the only problem we've really had with it.

Fairly economical, 50+mpg average on around town and 25 mile commute 3 times a week. So can't complain.
Drove the 120 and felt epically flat compared tbh.

Rob E

5th May 15 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 2007 1.9 cdti signum elite and it's great. All the mod cons, tonnes of room and cheap/easy to maintain. I wanted a v6 diesel but when looked, they had all been to the moon and back or had an auto box.
DaveyLC

6th May 15 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
I have a 2007 1.9 cdti signum elite and it's great. All the mod cons, tonnes of room and cheap/easy to maintain. I wanted a v6 diesel but when looked, they had all been to the moon and back or had an auto box.

I fail to see why you would buy a car like that with anything OTHER than an auto-box? Surely the point of buying a comfortable mile-eater is so that you can sit there in comfort without having to change gear like a peasant
pow
Premium Member

6th May 15 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changing gear like a peasant
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Jul 15 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I want a signum, any more advice?

Whats the autobox like? After having the Jeep I'm not sure I'd want to rush to another manual.
gazza808

21st Jul 15 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No issues here on 187k now, though looking to remove the swirl flaps as ones died recently.
djgritt
Premium Member

21st Jul 15 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Hi, I want a signum, any more advice?

Whats the autobox like? After having the Jeep I'm not sure I'd want to rush to another manual.

Guy I know has had a couple of Autobox Signums - currently a 2.8V6T Auto Elite - not had any issues with it, has it mapped, it goes well...

Had a 3.2 V6 Auto Elite beforehand, other than a couple of issues (misfire/manifold-cats) it seemed pretty decent.
3CorsaMeal

21st Jul 15 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't imagine owning a non-mapped vauxhall, would feel a right commoner.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Signums 23 database queries in 0.0115159 seconds