corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another semi interesting job in work

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another semi interesting job in work
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Jul 15 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15 plate capture on 1003 miles and the turbo is whistling its cock off

Diagnosed as an internal turbo failure, you've got to strip the world apart to get to it to check the blades. No play in the blades but the bearings were stupidly stiff. could hardly move the blades by hand.

Not a nice job on this either
Renault list you 8.2 hours warrantee on it. And if Renault give you big hours there's a reason

This reason is the dpf on these engines run sideways behind the block above the driveshaft and require you to remove the engine to remove the dpf to get to the turbo.
Decided to go at it a different way as no one here has ever done a turbo on the capture

Anyways. Haven't taken many but here's a couple of pictures

Subframe off

The access to the dpf with the subframe off, driveshaft had to come out as well.

As you can see there's two clamps holding the dpf in place. These are hooked clams that require moving about 100deg to unhook them. So that coupled with the heat shield you can't get too creates the problem.
Driveshaft out, dpf removed after a lot of head scratching and a lot of trying different ways.

Dpf on the floor

Turbo on the floor

New turbo built up with new feed and return pipes, all new gaskets and o rings, and refitted. Haven't got any pictures of it going back together as it was a pain in the arse job. But there you go.

Next week I've got a rear main oil deal on a juke, and a brand spankin new 200 mile juke that needs a new engine. See if I can get some photos of them while I do them.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same procedure as changing the cat on a 225. pain in the arse!
ed

31st Jul 15 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some serious packaging going on there.
pow
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3CorsaMeal

31st Jul 15 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rebuilt a whole car and its not even my job
AndyCorsaSport

31st Jul 15 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

New cars are a lot harder to work on that old shitters.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Some serious packaging going on there.

Tell me about it. Was a right ball ache. And the only reason you need to take all that off is for two of the turbo to manifold studs :doh:
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
quote:

Didnt realise bolts got more difficult to undo as cars got newer.

Just because you have to undo more of them to get to stuff doesn't make it harder. More time consuming yes.
--ToM--

31st Jul 15 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars a car to me
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
quote:

Didnt realise bolts got more difficult to undo as cars got newer.

Just because you have to undo more of them to get to stuff doesn't make it harder. More time consuming yes.

It does make it more difficult. You've got to remember where they go and in what order.
Also let me know the last time you fitted a dpf, did a stationary service regen, set the learn values and adaptives on a corsa b
Then tell me new cars aren't harder to work on.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Cars a car to me

To be fair I usually feel the same way. It's just nuts and bolts.
But new cars are a lot harder to work on to be fair mate.
A lot more complex electronics and everything is getting crammed into tiny engine bays that require stupid work to get to stupid parts.
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plugging in laptops and faffing about with adaptations at home was happening about 15 years ago with vagcom a laptop and a 9.99 ebay serial cable.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Plugging in laptops and faffing about with adaptations at home was happening about 15 years ago with vagcom a laptop and a 9.99 ebay serial cable.

Dpf's wernt around years ago?
Canbus systems wernt around years ago
Fiber optic car looms wernt around years ago
Electric cars wernt around years ago

Face it Steve. Cars as a general rule are getting a lot more complex and a lot more compact too.
--ToM--

31st Jul 15 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Cars a car to me

To be fair I usually feel the same way. It's just nuts and bolts.
But new cars are a lot harder to work on to be fair mate.
A lot more complex electronics and everything is getting crammed into tiny engine bays that require stupid work to get to stupid parts.

Tell me about it, left classic cars now haven't it, run a garage local to me, modern stuff, pain in the ass lol, but old stuff can be just as fiddly all depends what the job is what the car is etc etc, jobs don't phase me, I'll do what needs doing. You seem to be the same.

Also I Wouldnt entertain trying to explain to Steve, he knows best, that's why he lives at home with his mum, takes photos of her in the bath, plays with Star Wars toys and fiddles with young girls.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another semi interesting job in work 23 database queries in 0.0124300 seconds