corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Planes flying over head

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Planes flying over head
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
26th Aug 15 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure why, but quite often have small private planes flying over our office, not just a fly by, but hanging around above us doing nose dives and other manoeuvres.

Last week, two Bi-planes came roaring over and no lie was about 1-2ft between their wing tips.

I sit here and worry about them crashing onto me, i'd be proper angry about that. Its quite loud the noise they make and gets a bit worrying at times, i think i might complain about this, especially with all the recent plane crashes.

I reckon if i flew a drone over their house they would be angry about that.
pow
Premium Member

26th Aug 15 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should try living under Heathrow's flight path
Nic Barnes

26th Aug 15 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seagulls fly all over the place here, im worried about them exploding as i walk to asda at lunchtime.
3CorsaMeal

26th Aug 15 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
You should try living under Heathrow's flight path

I live under Stansted flight path, the big ones are ok, its these old boys in small buzzy ropey things doing nose dives etc, its the sky equivalent of going to southend and wheel spinning/handbrake turning up the road imo

Chavs in planes
Nic Barnes

26th Aug 15 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
seagulls fly all over the place here, im worried about them exploding as i walk to asda at lunchtime.
safe to report back that i made it ok
Ben G

26th Aug 15 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get loads of small planes/helicopters flying over us due to Damyns aerodrome. I enjoy it, they sound nice.
Ellis

26th Aug 15 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try living near to the worlds busiest civilian heliport, what a bloody racket.

edit - apparently nearly 40,000 helicopter movements annually through Aberdeen.

[Edited on 26-08-2015 by Ellis]
DaveyLC

26th Aug 15 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Not sure why, but quite often have small private planes flying over our office, not just a fly by, but hanging around above us doing nose dives and other manoeuvres.

Last week, two Bi-planes came roaring over and no lie was about 1-2ft between their wing tips.

I sit here and worry about them crashing onto me, i'd be proper angry about that. Its quite loud the noise they make and gets a bit worrying at times, i think i might complain about this, especially with all the recent plane crashes.

I reckon if i flew a drone over their house they would be angry about that.

I live just down the road from a small air-field and we get this all the time, along with lots of vintage aircraft.. I find it entertaining and not once have I thought "OMG I'm going die".. I have how ever thought that plenty of times when walking down the road and some prick has driven past me looking at their phone and doing 50 in a 30.
3CorsaMeal

26th Aug 15 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get quite a few chinnooks and apaches and i don't seem to mind them, as they fly in a straight line past us asap, not hanging about doing loop the loops directly over the office/carpark
Dee25790

26th Aug 15 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have robins in our garden every year.

When they're here I take each day as a blessing.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Planes flying over head 23 database queries in 0.0098312 seconds