corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » £17k for a new car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author £17k for a new car
Firestate88

User status: Offline
8th Sep 15 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
B8 A4 S Line Black Edition over a BMW any day

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-2012-a4-avant-2-0tdi-black-edition-quattro.153716/

yeah 2.0 over 3.0 anyday

The golf r is only a 2 litre (all be it a turbo)
Ben G

8th Sep 15 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completely irrelevant. I was talking about choosing a 2.0 tdi audi a4 over a BMW 530d.
DaveyLC

9th Sep 15 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do people still get hung up on engine sizes?
whitter45

9th Sep 15 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes, to show the black edition. Which is very different from a normal A4. However a different engine in that car wouldn't have anything else different.

you may need to remove your audi tinted glasses

because you have an A4 (black edition means nothing) doesn't make Audi cars the best option always

If you want something that is engaging to drive the Audi would be last on my list having had BMW cars for the last 8 years and now have an Audi. they just don't drive as good (RS models etc excluded)

The interior and finish is better with Audi but dynamics are well behind - although they are getting better

Single stand out item of Audi over BMW is ride but that's because the previous generation BMW's all had run flats

[Edited on 09-09-2015 by whitter45]
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Sep 15 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Yes, to show the black edition. Which is very different from a normal A4. However a different engine in that car wouldn't have anything else different.

you may need to remove your audi tinted glasses

because you have an A4 (black edition means nothing) doesn't make Audi cars the best option always

If you want something that is engaging to drive the Audi would be last on my list having had BMW cars for the last 8 years and now have an Audi. they just don't drive as good (RS models etc excluded)

The interior and finish is better with Audi but dynamics are well behind - although they are getting better

Single stand out item of Audi over BMW is ride but that's because the previous generation BMW's all had run flats

I've been around Audi and BMW long before I had this, mines not a 'black edition' either.

IMO you get more for your money with AUDI over BMW, my two choices were an A4 or a 330D and the specs of them for the budget I had were way apart.

I reccomended the Audi in that spec because it's nicer than the usual more common A4.
dannymccann

10th Sep 15 at 06:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A4 boot is tiny, even on the estate. BMW is out anyway (apart from X drive?) But again even the 5 series doesn't exactly have a massive load space, which is why I went for my Mondeo estate, however there is nothing from Ford to cover the 'exciting' part of the brief, possibly doesn't have the prestige you are after either? The mk5's do look epic though
Ecosse Sport

11th Sep 15 at 03:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be surprised if your Leon is more practical in terms of size than a B7 A4.

Boot space is limited in the Avant for a buggy, interior space is pretty much hopeless if you are using rear facing seats in the back.

i would think a B8 should be more practical.
R Lee

11th Sep 15 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is RWD ruled out?
With traction control, the car rarely steps out of place.

I had B7 special edition years back. Nice car, but boot is small.
I now have remapped 335d touring, and it's big enough for most things. And will shit on most cars in terms of pace.
Both fully equipped and comfortable, A4 is boring to drive, 335d better.
Nismo

11th Sep 15 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be able to pick up a few E92 M3's for that.

DaveyLC

14th Sep 15 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by R Lee
Why is RWD ruled out?

Maybe he's homosexual?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » £17k for a new car 23 database queries in 0.0082219 seconds