corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » combat wideach kit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author combat wideach kit
combat_sri

User status: Offline
30th Jul 03 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right just wonderin if this is hard to fit? how are the arches attached?just bonded on or bolted then filled? do they go over the standard arches or do you take them off?
im thinking of maybe getting the arches and sideskirts blended in together,i have this done on my rjm skirts at the moment and it looks quality,will it still be ok to do on the wider arches?
Dickebird

30th Jul 03 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the kit and after being quoted £1600 by Sabre, I decided to do it myself. It's easy, just allow yourself about 4 days in total.

Start with the bumpers and make sure to fabricate some brackets for the front bumber as there is no support underneath. The rear just bolts on pretty easy and bolts underneath (bolts not supplied).

Next take the old plastic arches off and then place the new ones up just to get an idea of how they are going to fit (be warned you may have to sand a litle off to make them curve properly around the bodywork), make some marks where they end so to get an idea where to mount side skirts.

Next Line up the angle bracket (supplied) with your marks and drill and pop rivet into the sill, paint with some hammerite or something (not on the top of the bracket because you want siklaflex to stick!

Bring up the sideskirts to the bracket and see where you need to cut to make them fit straight along the sill, cut and then fix with siklaflex 227. Ad some brackets underneath for extra strength if you need too.

Next gring off some off excess metal from your old arches and paint bare metal. Then offer up your new arches and silkaflex in place.

EASY!

Check out my car after I finished it : http://www.cruisenorthwales.com/index2.htm

antonOO2

30th Jul 03 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to angle grint the metal under the new arches, if you get what i mean

[Edited on 30-07-2003 by antonOO2]
Dickebird

30th Jul 03 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i said GRING, it should have been grind!
combat_sri

30th Jul 03 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what size wheels and how much lowered is yours dickebird? mines on 17" mille miglia actions and lowered about 35mm.will it look ok? also will the bumper be really close to the floor cos i got a combat 1 bumper on and that scrapes abit over big bumps.
antonOO2

30th Jul 03 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the kit will make the 17s look quite small.
jaffa

30th Jul 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

17's can look too small depends on the wheel

koni fits the kit for 1k which seems fair and i think (not sure) that may be supplied too

I was quatoed 500 have wide arches blended in and my bumpers extended to meet the new arches

combat_sri

30th Jul 03 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might have to get a set of 18's on there before the respray then. i like the kahn rs-s style ones.do you think that'll suit the kit?
antonOO2

30th Jul 03 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they the 5 spokes combat ?
combat_sri

30th Jul 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well they do 5 or 6 spoke style (rs-r and rs-s i think) i prefere the 5 spoke. i also like the dare v2 alloys but there abit expensive.think you can get copies of the khan for 800 with tyres from extreme
Dickebird

30th Jul 03 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine scrapes like a bastr'd over speed bumps, and would probably be better on 18's rather than 17's.

Dont worry about the size of wheels b cause you can fit anything under the arches.

New Poll