corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Powerflow Exhausts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Powerflow Exhausts
vauxtillidie

User status: Offline
5th Aug 03 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a back box fitted a while bak which i was happy with at the time but now id like somethin louder, i still have the middle silencer on it so dya think if i went bak and had a straight thru pipe put on instead would it be much louder? also does anyone know how much they wud charge for doin this?

Cheers, Chris
Neshol

5th Aug 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hell yeah, lots louder. They charged me about £60 i think, they also fitted my backbox but the £60 was just for doing the straight-through. You can get them to put in a middle section with a smaller silencer tho, but obv this will cost more notes.
vauxtillidie

6th Aug 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will it be a nice rumble or sound like a tractor! lol its a 1.2 8v if it makes a difference, also will it effect the emmisions if i have the silencer removed?
luca2020

6th Aug 03 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont effect emmisions mate, its just to quite the exhaust down

straight through pipe, not sure what they sound like on a corsa, but my mate had 1 on his renault 19, and it just sounded gay and too loud
ajscorsa

6th Aug 03 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its really raspy on a 1.2 8v i got mine done for 20 quid at local exhaust place.
Neshol

6th Aug 03 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds OK after about 5 or 10 mins, but mine's a 1.4 16v so it might sound different on an 8 valver. Tbh it is a bit too loud, but oh well!
Makarus

6th Aug 03 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found putting a straight through pipe on with my Piper back box gave a much deeper sound, it does rasp up top end but you shouldnt really be nailing it like that so often.
AdiSRI

6th Aug 03 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a straight thru centre and it is VERY RASPY, nastily so. Are all straight thru centres raspy?? I like the sound otherwise and dont want it any quieter, any recommendations??

PS engine = 1.4 16v and zorst is a Sebring extreme oval system
vauxtillidie

6th Aug 03 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got intouch with topgear in burnley today which is where i had the powerflow backbox fitted, i sed wot i wanted and he sed that it would be very raspy with no silencer but he can fit a different silencer which will make it louder without the raspiness, its gonna cost 120 they reckon
p16vlv

6th Aug 03 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

120 is to make you a full centre section, i took my centre box off and it did go raspy so put it back on.

New Poll