corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Mav 3000's Discreet (Small) Install Progress Thread (With Pics!)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mav 3000's Discreet (Small) Install Progress Thread (With Pics!)
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
7th Aug 03 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Everyone,

Here's the pictures of my install so far. I have cut the amp base, made the stand for the amp and glued them altogether ready for the amp, so that when it's finished it sits at the right height. The Changer base is nearly cut, but low battery life on the Quattro means i can't do much at once!

After this is done the wiring will be put in, the CD Changer mounted and the side panels made. Once thats done, the top panels will be made and then carpeted.

Still not entirely sure how im gonna fix the install in place!

Problems so far: Seats swing into boot when they go down, so bases plates have had to have been cut back 2.5cm to allow for this. side panels will have a concave recess in their sides to also allow for this to happen.

Pics:

The Stand so far:

The Stand with the Amp on it:

The Stand with the Amp on it (different angle):

Eventually it should look like this:

Comments welcome. MDF is 12mm on the base, 6mm tops when they go on. weighs a bit, holes in base are designed to save weight.

PS the amp is the wrong way around in the pics. Its going the other way in the end.

[Edited on 07-08-2003 by Mav 3000]
ajscorsa

7th Aug 03 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good m8
Mav 3000

7th Aug 03 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers! Made a cardboard template to get the curve of the side of the boot dow ok, 5cm gap around the edges for support,then middles cut out with two support arms under the amp stands to strengthen it and stop it flexing.
adelcorsa

8th Aug 03 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did u do the cardboard template???
Mav 3000

8th Aug 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Adel,

I got some big cardboard (parents had some lying around otherwise supermarkets normally let you have some)

measured up the boot

drew it out on the cardboard with about 1cm excess
put it in boot

checked to seee where i had to trim

trimmed it

repeated until it was a perfect fit.

Quite easy, just patience needed- don't cut too much off!

Hope this helps.

Changer base being finished tonight. My other issues (in other threads) means i prob cant afford the amp wiring kit so can't do much more till am is ready to be mounted and wired.

New Poll